Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • Ard (rock) Yeah
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

On the waiting list and got an invite finally for Ard Rock Enduro 🙂

Not sure how I’ll do on my 100mm travel hardtail (not quite finished my new beast of a build) but im sure it will be fun..well my mate says so anyway.

Who’s camping Friday / Saturday or sleeping in their car?

fieldy
    Free Member

Waiting for my invite now. Did this last year, and it was fantastic.
    C’mon Joe lets have it!

tymbian
    Free Member

I’ll be there with my son.. what day are you racing?

Simon

I’ll be going up and camping Friday and Saturday night. Doing the enduro on Sunday.
    I’ll be riding a black/green Spesh Pitch.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Tymbian, racing Sunday.
    Simon I’ll be on a grey giant hardtail looking a bit nervous.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Got my invite through on Sunday, can’t wait! 😀

Houns

Hopefully that was my entry as they’ve finally refunded it (though I’ve not received the money yet, that may be due to cc company delays)

TheFlyingOx

Yup, couple of lads from work and both my brother-in-laws. Camping Fri-Sat and “racing” on Sunday.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Really wanted to do this after seeing last years report and pics etc but on holiday… Good luck and enjoy!

tymbian
    Free Member

Darren, Simon…camping definitely Saturday ( don’t know about Friday yet )
    Racing Sunday ( happens to be my Birthday…) I’ll be on a Spesh Enduro 29, my son a 2010 Divinci Ollie…

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’ll look out for you Tim, shame we don’t all have STW badges 😀

philbert31
    Free Member

I did it last year and I’m doing it again this year with my brother, i’ll only be getting back from Vegas on the saurday morning and heading straight up, I’ll be on a bright green Nicolai, not sure if I’m camping or staying in a b&b as my other half is also coming to spectate.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I did it last year and I’m doing it again this year with my brother, i’ll only be getting back from Vegas on the saurday morning and heading straight up, I’ll be on a bright green Nicolai, not sure if I’m camping or staying in a b&b as my other half is also coming to spectate.

…are you flying back out again when done? 😉

Deveron53
    Free Member

Anyone on here doing the Saturday?

frogstomp

Yup, will be doing the ‘sportive’ (Enduro was sold out at the time) hopefully combined with a couple of days of riding some local loops..

fieldy
    Free Member

More enduro spaces are now available

seadog101

I’m in, just for the Saturday challenge, but…. I’ve an invite for the Sunday enduro! Got a few days to think about it. Might be a bit much for me on my unforgiving evil (I’m sure it’s trying to kill me) 100mm HT.

smogmonster

Im there on the Sunday as ive got a prior engagement on the Saturday that I cant get out of in Richmond….getting married! Ill be the hungover one on a Cube Stereo with tincans hanging off the back….

darrenspink
    Free Member

Ill be the hungover one on a Cube Stereo with tincans hanging off the back….

Not sure if and how many beers will be drank saturday night in the camp site but you may not be the only one with a hangover.

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ll be there on the Saturday for the sportive which I entered as I really enjoyed the Enduro last year but it sold out before I could get a ticket.

To be honest, I’m a bit annoyed that they’ve put up spare places without going through the waiting list first fully. I know at least two riders including myself who haven’t been offered the upgrades we ticked the box to hear about. Email from Tuesday hasn’t been replied to, either. I can see the entries, I can set up a Sunday entry but not upgrade a Saturday entry.

I’ll still enjoy myself as it’s an excellent area and I fully trust it’ll be as well run on the day as last year, but the gloss has gone a bit.

scandal42
    Free Member

Seriously fancy it but don’t really fancy being a billy no mates.

many couples go and camp?

muddy247
    Free Member

I got tickets for the Ard rock on the day they were released- I didn’t realise I’d entered the sportive untill the enduro sold out and they split the event into 2 days. Still waiting to hear back if I can upgrade my ticket but wondering if I should buy another ticket for the enduro and cancel my sportive ticket-
    Does anyone know if I’m likely to get a refund for the original entry?

buck53

many couples go and camp?

That’s what me and the girlfriend are doing, she’s planning on walking while I’m riding, riding on my own so far.

tymbian
    Free Member

Looks like my son’s holiday request has been denied…I’m gonna be a Billy no mates too..

scandal42
    Free Member

Cool, think ill sign up for the all mountain challange.

buck53

Could be worse, you could be Billy No Mates and at the back like I will be!

In reality I think the atmosphere will be great, judging from the videos of past years, we’ll be reet!

scandal42
    Free Member

Managed to get a mate to come along. We could have a stw billy no mates meet up for a beer or 5

tymbian
    Free Member

Buck..I’ll be 49 on the day so last place is reserved for me..

darrenspink
    Free Member

Be good to sort out a meetup. BBQ on saturday starts at 6 so we could all say hello next to the burgers. Not sure if STW are going, could have a group photo 🙂 any idea Mods?

mintimperial

Hmm, bit disappointing if they’re not contacting people about spaces on the enduro. I signed up for the challenge thing and ticked the box to hear about spaces on the race, but I’ve also heard nothing from them.

Me and a mate are off up for the weekend, it’d be great to meet up with some fellow STWers.

tymbian
    Free Member

Meeting up by the burgers is ok by me…

Maybe with a small sticky food label with STW on it or our STW names..they could be taken off after all have met up.

Is it correct that the Sunday Enduro entrants set off on the Saturday shortly after the Saturday scientists so as to reccy the course?

muddy247
    Free Member

Managed to get a place on the enduro and a refund for the sportive event- happy days!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Nice one.

fieldy
    Free Member

That’s my son and me entered. Camping Sat evening…..BBQ and live music….should be good 😀

darrenspink
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking the bbq is included in the cost…or is that extra (like the camping is, that I just found out about 🙄 )

fieldy
    Free Member

Not sure? We had to pay last year, but it’s all good either way.

frogstomp

Not long now.. looking like it may be a bit damp! 🙁

muddy247
    Free Member

Was riding in Swaledale on Saturday- 26 ish degrees and bone dry- be gutted if the forecast is right!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Plenty of time yet for it to change yet.

Anyone know if there are refreshments available on site / camping area?

frogstomp

Having never ridden in the area before we’re heading up early to get some extra routes in – possibly Gunnerside Gill on Thursday afternoon (probably riding out from Dales if anyone can suggest a good route?) and maybe the Fountains Fell Circuit on Friday…

Anyone know if there are refreshments available on site / camping area?

Isn’t it based at the Dales Centre, which I assume has catering?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Ard (rock) Yeah’ is closed to new replies.