Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Arc'teryx warranty
  • sandwicheater

Supposedly lifetime which I understand is subjective.

Wifes jacket after five years has started to fall apart. Is a light weight gortex waterproof with the pockets stuck/taped to the jacket so no stitching.

Tape/glue has given up and Arc’teryx say it’s due to sweat/age and will not help with replacement and can’t be repaired.

To be honest, 5 years is good for a jacket that has been used regularly and she has been happy with it. Only rub is my Haglof is older and still going strong as the pockets are stitched in so a better design.

My question, anyone had an Arc’teryx warranty replacement for something of a similar age?

jam-bo

is that from the shop or arcteryx?

I had an epsilon SV where the zip got a bit sticky and they gave me a new jacket without any question. Was about 3-4 yrs old.

sandwicheater

Cheers jam bo

Shop sent it off to Arc’teryx. After 3 months (we didn’t bother chasing, she has many many jackets) have come back to say beyond reasonable wear and tear due to age.

Wouldn’t bother if not for the ‘lifetime’ warranty.

jam-bo

that was a couple of years ago. maybe they’ve got a bit stricter.

duckman

I am not a fan. I returned a Goretex jacket that leaked like a collander at every seam,guy in the shop told me that they had had a few back.Simple solution,I don’t buy anything by Arcteryx. TBH; five years is nae bad for an outdoor jacket though.

Rio

A couple of years ago I had a problem with my then 5 year old Beta jacket where the taping started to come off. Ellis Brigham where I bought it didn’t want to know, but by chance I was in St Anton when Arcteryx had a stand at some sort of show; I showed the jacket to the Arcteryx rep who told me to contact their repair place in Switzerland, sent it off to them and it came back as good as new. Didn’t offer a replacement though!

lemonysam
    Free Member

I think for an Alpha SL or similar (which it sounds like you’re talking about) that’s probably a fair one to reject. It’s not designed to be a durable jacket (unlike the Epsilon and probably the Beta mentioned above) so its lifespan s going to be shorter. I wouldn’t have been surprised if they’d warrantied it but don’t think you can have much of a complaint for them not.

/Used to work for a big Arc’teryx retailer.

sandwicheater

That’s the one lemonysam, very lightweight.

I’m too lazy to take it further. It’s served her well and I think pregnant bump definitely put unnecessary load on that area the fat biffer that she was.

Cheers all.

mattbee

Has a LEAF Alpha jacket that started to delaminate after just over a year, had a bit of a fight getting a replacement as they tried the whole “wear and tear” routine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Arc'teryx warranty’ is closed to new replies.