Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Apple TV?
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Can I stream stream football matches of slightly dubious origin on Apple TV?
    I can’t see any Airplay logo’s anywhere.

mrblobby
    Free Member

What are you watching them on? If it’s in an iOS app it’ll depend if the app’s blocked AirPlay. If it’s from your Mac then it may be easier.

flatfish
    Free Member

Mac

zokes
    Free Member

You should just be able to set up mirroring in display preferences

grum
    Free Member

If you’re on ios7 swipe up from the bottom of the screen and switch Airplay on – should play videos via AppleTV. If that doesn’t work select the mirroring option.

Edit: doh should read the thread! Mac video mirroring via Airplay only works on Macs that are new-ish. Not sure of the cut off date.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

What app are you playing the video stream in? If the mac is pre 2011 I don’t think desktop mirroring is supported in the new mac OSs. You have to have a later mac. The only place you can stream video from is iTunes

flatfish
    Free Member

I’m trying to sort out a Wiziwig feed from my Mac to Apple tv for my dad when he visits later on this week.
    He’s missing out on going to the football match to help me fit a new shower unit so I feel it’s the least I can do.
    Mac is 2 years old if that helps.

Edit: It would appear it’s not supported on my Mac.

ARSE

mrblobby
    Free Member

If it’s too old to support AirPlay then you can usually work around that using AirParrot. Was well worth $10 on my old Mac.

steveoath
    Free Member

What version atv have you got?

If its gen 1 or 2 you can run seasonpass and install xbmc on it. Then some people like to add programs that do do what you are suggesting. It would be VERY naughty though.

MarkLG
    Free Member

A 2 year old Mac will do AirPlay to the Apple TV. My early 2011 Macbook does. Have you installed the latest OS update for the Mac?
    If you click on the Airplay icon on the top menu bar it should give you the option of display mirroring. Enable this and the Apple TV will display the Mac’s screen on the TV.
    You can also set up the TV as an additional desktop display, drag the video player onto it, and run it full screen on the TV, keeping the Mac display clear to do other things.

flatfish
    Free Member

AirParrot seems to do the trick.

ATV ver.3

Mac’s all up to date and no Airplay Icon

ask1974
    Free Member

Another vote off Airparrot. Allows my 2009 MacBook to stream to ATV2.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yes , I use Airparrot to. It’s ok. for low quality slightly dubious football streams it works

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Apple TV?’ is closed to new replies.