Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Apple Rage
  • oikeith

Yesterday whilst travelling in a friends car, I went to play some music from my iPhone 7, completely forgetting the fact that the clowns at Apple dropped the headphone jack. I let out the biggest rage roar and contemplated chucking my phone out the car window. Since getting the 7 no more than a few months ago this is almost a weekly occurrence which drives me potty!

I noticed this recent Samsung advert taking a jab at Apple and feel it nails it! I really think for the first time in maybe 10 years my next phone will be a Samsung!Rant over…

Samsung Advert

mikewsmith
    Free Member

want choice buy something other than apple, simple as. They know best for their pockets

jimjam
    Free Member

I let out the biggest rage roar

slowbloke
    Free Member

Why not just take the adapter you get with the phone with you in your wallet? It’s probably a cheaper option than throwing your phone out of a car window plus you won’t be littering.

jimdubleyou

Ooo, it’s been what? 2 weeks since we last did this argument?

I really think for the first time in maybe 10 years my next phone will be a Samsung

Good luck transferring your music over. Try not to download the malware from the Play store too.

Also, get richer friends with bluetooth in their car.

😛

Nice advert though.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve just treated myself to some AirPods and I must admit they’re very good. It doesn’t solve the problem of not being able to play Apple Music via Bluetooth in my car…

…fortunately I have an iPhone 6 🙂

nickfrog
    Free Member

That really pales into insignificance compared to not being able to add memory or change the battery, at least for me.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

If you use the headphone jack on a weekly basis, why on earth buy the only smart phone on the market that doesn’t have one? Or, as above, take the adaptor with you?
    I have always found the headphone jack in any phone to be a weak point and find myself listening through either one or the other speaker but rarely both.

allthegear
    Free Member

It doesn’t solve the problem of not being able to play Apple Music via Bluetooth in my car…

What’s stopping you? Bluetooth works perfectly well

Rachel

GrahamS

This happens every week but you still don’t carry the adaptor with you?

Man you are a slow learner!

muggomagic

Unfortunately (for you) more manufacturers will eventually drop the headphone jack. Google have done it with the new pixel phones after mocking apple for doing it on the iphone 7 and I expect Samsung will probably follow their lead at some point. I think I read somewhere that HTC, Motorola and Xiaomi are all set to release flagship phones without a headphone jack.

GrahamS

What’s stopping you? Bluetooth works perfectly well

Doesn’t work in my car for some reason either.

Bluetooth works. I can make calls and even get the driving directions through the speakers. But no ability to play music, I have to use an aux cable for that.

I assume my car just doesn’t implement the A2DP Bluetooth profile. (It’s a ten year old Ford Focus)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

They’ll have no ports at all soon. Wireless charging, bluetooth headphones, memory built in. Won’t be long before they ditch SIM cards i’d imagine.

DezB
    Free Member

Bluetooth works perfectly well

Ever tried connecting a bluetooth radio to a phone while driving? I find it hard enough to get mine connected and I’ve had the car 3 years! Let alone in an unfamiliar car…
    Hence: iPod.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

why do people who get pissed of with tech go straight to “I contemplated throwing it out the window”?

Is that the sort of thing that makes technology work?

jam-bo

start car, say ‘hey siri, play me some music’ and as if by magic it just happens…

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive seen the Gordian knot that deadlydarcy has to endure if he wants to charge his iPhone and block the sound of my snoring with headphones when we’re cuddled up in bed together. It’s a sorry sight.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

start car, say ‘hey siri, play me some music’ and as if by magic it just happens…

Lucky, it’s sport watching a few mates try and get siri to do anything useful

though using a lot of hire cars pair phone, work out which setting music plays through then start it and play it.

RDL-82
    Free Member

I assume my car just doesn’t implement the A2DP Bluetooth profile. (It’s a ten year old Ford Focus)

You are correct. Been there scratching my head on why it wouldn’t work.
    You can get it to work though but it requires a different (later) spec BT module. Show up on eBay occasionally about £60+ and also gives the ability for usb too with the required extras.

Sorry for the slight thread diversion(!)

brassneck

That’s it – my old S Max was the same. Really annoying having a perfectly good hands free on Bluetooth but no A2DP. It annoyed me so much I bought a new car 🙂

Cheaper version than above – most Fords of this vintage have a 3.5mm AUX in so you can buy a A2DP box to plug into it .. but then it either needs charging or powering and there are leads coming out of the glove box and …
    I bought one and it just sat in the glovebox after I’d flattened the first charge.

Ever tried connecting a bluetooth radio to a phone while driving?

A lot of VAG cars won’t let you do it whilst driving anyway

nealglover
    Free Member

Ever tried connecting a bluetooth radio to a phone while driving?

Several times a day. Two phones and I often switch between the two for both Phone Calls and Bluetooth Audio.

Four clicks on the steering column stalk and it’s done. Incredibly simple.

And I drive a commercial vehicle so it’s hardly cutting edge tech.

zilog6128

Get better friends who can afford a decent car (stereo)? I imagine you have to spend the entire journey shielding your face, lest you be recognised in the antediluvian automobile, so hardly a convenient arrangement for you as it is.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll try that in about half an hour. Can pretty much guarantee that music will begin emanating from my iPhone speaker. Or Siri will list random a bunch of websites on the screen.

winston
    Free Member

I had my apple rage moment many years ago when they changed to intel chips and stopped supporting the G5 meaning my 3yr old Imac would no longer talk to my new iphone as it needed 10.something (some stupid animal name) and my imac couldn’t run that OS.

I fudged some workaround until my contract was up and that was the last time I ever went near an apple product

now looking at the ‘reviewers’ struggling to say nice things about the iphone X whilst anyone can see its a white elephant

footflaps

now looking at the ‘reviewers’ struggling to say nice things about the iphone X whilst anyone can see its a white elephant

It’s just a phone..

uselesshippy
    Free Member

The fact that they’re massive, tax dodging, **** is more of a serious problem imo.

jam-bo

where apple lead, others follow…. 😉

wysiwyg
    Free Member

They missed a trick there. Could have been a camping scene with the iPhone owner freezing cold and all the Samsung owner roasting marsh mallows on a flaming Galaxy Note

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Bluetooth or proper car dock.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m going back to a Nokia. I’ll miss Instagram and…

…Nah, that’s it.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

@Rachel – I have a 2012 1 Series. The Bluetooth works with no problem for the telephone, but not music. Very rarely I get “Albums, Artists, Songs” show up as headings on the iDrive display, but with nowt in them; maybe it doesn’t work with Apple Music. I’ve spent too long trying to work out why, so just plug my phone in instead.

highlandman
    Free Member

Disapointed.

Thought this was going to be about the thieving organisation dodging the vast majority of its corporation tax and thereby depriving UK PLC of much needed funds for schools, healthcare, security, roads, trails….

muggomagic

stilltortoise – Member

@Rachel
    – I have a 2012 1 Series. The Bluetooth works with no problem for the telephone, but not music. Very rarely I get “Albums, Artists, Songs” show up as headings on the iDrive display,

Have you ever updated the iDrive software? Think you need a USB socket in the car to be able to do it though.

kelvin

…why on earth buy the only smart phone on the market that doesn’t have one?

Google, HTC, Lenovo… all with flagship phones without a headphone jack now. Fully sealed handsets can’t be far off.

I agree with the sentiment of this comment though. Dropping old tech can be a pain in the arse for people with old tech they want to use… if that’s you, just buy a device supporting said old tech. Simple.

jonnyboi

Meanwhile, in my world.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

completely forgetting the fact that the clowns at Apple dropped the headphone jack

So your mate drives a car with out of date technology ie no Bluetooth

and you ‘forgot’ that the iphone 7 actually comes with an adaptor to allow you to plug it in?

Whats your point OP?

muggomagic

I agree with the sentiment of this comment though. Dropping old tech can be a pain in the arse for people with old tech they want to use… if that’s you, just buy a device supporting said old tech. Simple.

Apple does still support it with the free adaptor they supply with each phone. I think I’ve only used it once when I forgot to take my bluetooth headphones to work and used it with the old free earpods that I leave in my bag.

GrahamS

Maybe they should build the adaptor into the phone so that no one would ever forget it or lose it?

Maybe iPhone XI?

muggomagic

Maybe they should build the adaptor into the phone so that no one would ever forget it or lose it?

Silly

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Apple Rage’ is closed to new replies.