Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anything routes round Plymouth?
  • almightydutch
    Free Member

Looks like I have a night in Plymouth next Tuesday, I’ll be staying in the town as we have meeting Weds AM but wondered if it was worth taking the bike?

Got the MTB or DJ bike to take so suggestions welcome

jam-bo

yogi’s do a tuesday night ride from out by marsh mills.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Thanks Jambo, just looked at what Yogi is and what their Tuesday night ride is like.

I’d rather not get into a big ride just after a route I could potter around.

Is riding the Coastal path frowned upon?

jam-bo

it’ll be fine. where you staying?

get the water taxi from the barbican to mountbatten and head round the coast to wembury.

swillybey
    Free Member

Cann woods?

jam-bo

if the weather was crappy i’d head to cann, if its a nice evening then that ride round the coast is hard to beat.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Its highly likely I’ll be staying in Premier Inn at Lockyers Quay.

Looks like its MTB only so we’ll see what the weather is doing and decide from that. I like the idea of the coastal path.

Cheers guys fingers crossed for nice weather.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Gawton and Chipshop are well under an hour away, you’ll need a day pass (one covers both places) but well worth it. You can get one from Rockin’ Bikes (almost on the way) or on-line, I think.

Gawton’s got a new jump line which I haven’t ridden yet but it looks good.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

There’s a dirt jump spot in Tavistock as well.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

as above Cann Woods. Enough riding for an evening, simple to ride there from where you are staying.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

How’s Canns nowadays? I haven’t been there in way too long.

jam-bo

mostly underwater at the moment..

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’ve got a GPX route for a Plymouth/Wembury SW Coastal path loop if you want.

Email in profile if you want to drop me a line 🙂

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

i hugely enjoyed haldon forest next to exeter when i was in plymouth a few weeks ago. very fast and flowy . both the red and blue. only 45 mins drive.

pinetree
    Free Member

I’ve got a GPX route for a Plymouth/Wembury SW Coastal path loop if you want.

Surely you just keep the sea on your right til you’ve gone as far as you want to go, then turn back and keep it on your left?

wheely
    Free Member

Coastal path not that great but ok. Better off riding to marsh mills (3 miles) – & then going up the Plym Valley trek. After about 3/4 mile you pass the car park & carry on up the trek you’ll pass Cann Woods on your right – plenty of single track up there to have fun. Or continue another 1/2 mile up trek and there is Ridge Ride on the left. A blue then red 20-40 minute loop (steep climb to start).

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Cremyll ferry provides a great coastal ride (due to time you might need the Torpoint ferry back)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anything routes round Plymouth?’ is closed to new replies.