Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone work for Future publishing, they keep ringing me.
  • project
    Free Member

Over the last 2 weeks i have had numerous phonecalls from lonely people asking for my bank details,so they can send me 3 copies of a bike magazine,for a fiver,sort code and account number,they want and they get very annoyed when you dont tell them and when i ask for proof who they are.

I havent given them any info.

So if you work for Future please stop.

Or is it a SCAM.

TJ TO THE FORUM PLEASE

CountZero

That sounds iffy, I’m pretty sure Future wouldn’t be asking for bank details over the phone like that. I know several people who have worked for Future at various times, but no current contact number to check with them unfortunately. You could try phoning Future yourself and speak to someone there to check.

petrieboy

They phone me all the time (I’m a sucker for a £1 for 3 issues deal) and yeah it’s bank account, sort code and address they ask for. Had mbuk, mbr, what mountain bike for the past 3 months – enough to keep me going till spring!!

iain1775
    Free Member

haha I just had to interupt reading this thread to answer the phone
    guess who…..

told them I was no longer an MBUK subscriber as I had cancelled and signed up in my wife’s name to take advantage of another free gift offer, didnt deter them they offered me What Mountain bike.
    Told them I can read 3 months worth of bike catalogue for free in WH Smiths and refered her to a thread on singletrackworld forum about Future cold calling 😉

johnstevenson
    Free Member

I’ve drawn this thread to the attention our head of subscriptions.

My apologies on behalf of Future to anyone who feels these calls are, shall we say, over-enthusiastic. Feel free to email me at john.stevenson@futurenet.com if it keeps happening.

John Stevenson
    Editor-in-chief, cycling publications
    Future Publishing.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Heh – the interweb works sometimes. Can I rant about NSPCC now?

project
    Free Member

John sent you an email 🙁

Over enthusiastic, = commission driven call centre people.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone work for Future publishing, they keep ringing me.’ is closed to new replies.