Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone with a relatively new Nexus 5 willing to do me a favour please?
  • daveh
    Free Member

I can’t decide whether my battery is dying or not. It would be very helpful to me if someone out there with a newish Nexus 5 could give me a benchmark:

Download ‘AnTuTu Tester’ from the app store.
    Do the battery test, ‘20%(state of charge above 30%)’.

Post your result!

Thanks.

ji
    Free Member

Downloaded it and running the test. Says it may take some time!

daveh
    Free Member

Thank you kindly. Didn’t take that long for me, hence the possible issue!

bullroar
    Free Member

It may not be a duff battery. There can be bugs in some apps that result in current drain on the battery and the phone getting quite hot.

Try charging the battery then switch the phone off/on and run the tester.

antares
    Free Member

Just done my Nexus 5, which is 12 months old btw, and it’s ranking was 2386.

daveh
    Free Member

Hmmm. I’ve come around to thinking the battery may be OK, its just my usage that’s changed and your result Antares would seem to support that. My 12 month old battery scored 2305 and then 2784, the new eBay battery scored 3142. It’s just the graphic showing a Nexus 5 at ~4250 that had me thinking.

teethgrinder

My old N4 used to last at least 0700-2000. Then it started to only last until 1500. It would lose 20% of charge just on the hour commute to work.

Something to do with a bug in 4.4.4 I believe.

daveh
    Free Member

Ji’s must be generating an impressive number!

garage-dweller

Op – different android phone but one of the Google updates did not sit well on my phone over the summer. It was keeping the phone awake with screen off but was almost to hot to touch comfortably after an hour or two. Uninstalled the update restarted the phone a couple of times and update went back on and all was well again. Maybe a recent app update (location tracking or streaming one maybe) is causing your woes.

daveh
    Free Member

No one else? 🙂

antares
    Free Member

Just downloading Lollipop to my Nexus 5. Hoping it will address the battery life after 4.4.4

daveh
    Free Member

It’s just arrived here! Man the new keyboard is weird!

takisawa2
    daveh
    Free Member

Well OK, expanded remit is good I guess. You can’t really compare phones directly but I guess it does give a reasonable indication of what to expect day to day.

Xperia Z2 (that I sent back as it was buggy): ~5500.
    Nexus 4 (2yrs old): ~4500.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Scored 4017 Nexus 5 running 5. With screen brightness at full and volume at half. Good/bad, don’t know but it generally gets me through the day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with a relatively new Nexus 5 willing to do me a favour please?’ is closed to new replies.