Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone wear knee support when riding?
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Since the weather went scorchio i’ve stopped wearing the full leg biking lycra under the shorts, and i’m getting a couple of knee twinges, very mild mind, but if I ride again with lycra its fine. I’m guessing they not only give warmth/wind proofing, but also help the knee and leg muscles from a compression perspective?

I’m wondering should I pick up something like this to give a try

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-no-rain-knee-warmers-2/

Anyone else notice the benefits of lycra on the knees?

xora

I used to wear one of these for about a year after getting really bad bursitus in one knee.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neo-MEDICAL-PATELLA-SUPPORT-breathable/dp/B001M04WVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436081583&sr=8-1&keywords=knee+support

Not the most comfy thing though as it starts to bunch at the back of the knee. But it did allow me to manage to cycle when I otherwise could not!

lunge

I’m not sure of any medical reasoning but if it feels better, do it. I’ve not used the ones you link to buy Planet-X do some
    Compression knee warmers which are pretty snug and may do what you need.

righog
    Free Member

Probably a bit ott for your needs but this stuff has got me back riding knee pain free a lot of times. I rarely ride with it on but stick it on after rides if I get even the slightest twinge. It has helped from slight irritational pain to full on £$%^^ me I will never ride again pain. Not sure what it is doing but sure has worked for me. Knees are ok atm while riding but I am slapping this on after running now.

Cohesive Bandage ( Amazon )

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Thanks all will check some of those out. Find the legs recover quicker on long rides with lycra, seems theres some good research behind the compression effect.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone wear knee support when riding?’ is closed to new replies.