Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone used an Elliptigo trainer?
  • quentinfarquar
    Free Member

It’s like a bike you can run on outside? I and a cyclist and runner, but recovering from disc surgery and still have issues with a cyst. They are pricey at 2k, but I think it would be great to get out and do a high intensity work out with no impact. Everything I have found on the web about them is positive, so wondered if anyone here had tired one.

jimc101
    Free Member

Never used one, but 3 riders did on the Mille Cymru ride last year, they seem to like them, Idia is a big proponent of them.

For the cost, they don’t seem that expensive vs a mid range road/MTB bike

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

Jim, I have seen his stuff, and again very favourable but I guess he works for them so it will be, I just didn’t want to buy one and it sit gathering dust like my 4 bikes have been for the last year. It sounds a great idea in principle.

woody2000

I know it shouldn’t matter, but they look bloody ridiculous. Anyone I’ve ever seen “riding” one looks a complete and utter goon too 🙂

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

That’s what my running pal and work mate said, he likes the idea but wouldn’t ride it in public. To be honest after having walked with a limp for best part of 9 months, been unable to do anything remotely active or even pick up my kids, my public image is far from a concern. I just want to get out and pound the streets again.

Although I am finally building up my replacement mojo sl frame I was sent last May and been unable to ride till now, so that will get me some style points.

jimc101
    Free Member

I didn’t know Idia worked for them, wouldn’t be surprised really, I saw him a couple of times on the first day on the ride, and that was it, he had been publicizing the use of the Eliptigo & how he planned to ride the event quite a lot before on YACF.

Guess they are a bit like recumbents those who ride them love them, those who don’t aren’t quite sure, or don’t, or are curious, at the end of it, they are all human powered vehicles.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used an Elliptigo trainer?’ is closed to new replies.