• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mmb.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone use a Three Mi-Fi device?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Any good?

vikingboy
    Free Member

Awesome….can be unlocked too.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have an unlocked one.

How come no one invented one beforehand? bloody brilliant, far more versatile than a dongle. Brilliant when overseas – you can get prepaid data sims locally for web stuff instead of hammering your own contract with roaming charges…

peajay

I’m thinking, mifi plus ipod touch = get shot of the iphone and just go payg for calls on a cheap handset that won’t cause too much heart ache if it gets wet/damaged out on the bike, plus the £1000 odd 2 year contract on the iphone is starting to look like madness
    PJ.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sorry for digging this one up but….

My iPhone contract runs out next month and I’m probably going to change to PAYGO. I do like to use the interweb while out and about (having a coffee at Cafe Nero/Starbucks/etc.) occasionally so I’m thinking of getting a 3 MiFi with 3gig of data useage pre-loaded for a total cost £79 and using this with my netbook.
    As this would be an occasional use thing, is there a time limit on the data? So if I only use 1gig/year, should the original 3gig last years or does it expire after x months?

lodious
    Free Member

On mine, it expires, I think the original lasted about 3 months, subsequent top ups last a month.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I got one in the end and it’s been really useful

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

It was locked to 3 but unlocking was a quick and easy job after a Google search

woody2000

You can do the same thing with an Android (2.2) phone, so you don’t necessarily need the MiFi thingy. Daresay iPhones might do it too?

Linky

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

That’s good although I did try tethering my Blackberry and that wouldn’t allow it

mmb
    Free Member

i’ve got one of those but don’t use it anymore, all it needs is a new battery and a sim.

jam-bo

Want to sell it? £20?

mmb
    Free Member

might do actually, let me dig out all the bits and see what’s there. you’ll find my e-mail in my profile.

beej

What Woody said… I use my HTC Desire running 2.2 to do exactly the same thing as a MiFi, works very well.

mmb
    Free Member

jam bo ygm.

geoffj

mmb if jam butty doesn’t want it, I’ll take it
    stw.geoffj@me.com

mmb
    Free Member

geoffj ygm

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hey MMB…. if you want to do the right thing my email is in my profile and you’ll find it worth your while.

mmb
    Free Member

first come first served is the fair way! you wouldn’t be happy if you asked first and i sold it to the person who asked last would you?.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a Three Mi-Fi device?’ is closed to new replies.