Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone tried the schwalbe little albert 29er rubber ?
  • tazzymtb

love my nobby nic 29ers but the buggers won’t fit in a selma frame with enough clearance, already got a small scratch in the carbon from a grit in the treads catching the wishbone 🙁

has anyone got any feedback on the 2.1 little alberts in a 29er version or any recommendations for fast rubber that’s not too fat. Racing ralphs and rons both have a 2.25 as their smallest size so unless the casing height is lower than the nic I’m going to have the same issues

does anyone want a nobby nic 29er for a nice bottle of beer barter

pop-larkin
    Free Member

me me me! or swap for a ralph?

tazzymtb

if the ralph fits in the back of my frame you have a deal pop, ralph rear nic front should be an ideal supper quick cannock combo! for the both of us

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I think your combo may be a tad quicker than mine 😉

Will drop it round sometime this week

gee
    Free Member

Hello mate

I used the Alberts on my Selma/Mamasita for 2 seasons. They fit fine and are a good grippy tyre. Extremely durable too in the snakeskin version. They are quite small in volume though – especially compared to the 2.25 Ralphs/nics/rons I’ve now swapped to Ralphs in 2.25 which fit fine in both frames.

The new El Mar ti is also rather tight on clearances…

GB

Clobber
    Free Member

How do the little alberts roll in comparison to the rara’s?

tazzymtb

Nice one gee, cheers for the info. Say hi as you lap me if you’re at the E6 this year

Clink

Try a Maxxis Aspen? 2.1 and very fast yet grippy (certainly in summer).

gee
    Free Member

The Alberts are a little slower – although the biggest difference is in the feel due to the large floaty volume.

rOcKeTdOg

maxxis crossmax fit my Pegasus with room to spare, an ardent doesn’t, would love to try a NN in there, but not sure it’d go

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

2.4 racing ralf will fit in the back of mine 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried the schwalbe little albert 29er rubber ?’ is closed to new replies.