Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone tried a Ragley Ti AND a Blue Pig?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Views?

jordie
    Free Member

Blue Pigs are superb bikes rides up really well and comes down even better.Get one you won`t regret it.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Already got one Jordie just wondering if the Ti is that much better/different

jordie
    Free Member

i cant see where it would be much better

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Is it gonna be a grand better?

trout
    Free Member

Seen a Ti and picked it up looked and felt loverly
    Lifetime warranty ( I look at these things now )
    if you can afford it buy it I would but cant 😥

brant
    Free Member

Ti ones are:-

lighter (about 2lb lighter!)
    a bit more springy
    don't scratch or rust
    can be made to look like new with new stickers
    made of titanium

I am currently riding a steel Blue Pig (box stock 18in Skwosh standard production – I just wanted one to build up to check quality/build up time/issues/other) and really like it.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

"picked it up looked and felt loverly"

Well if thats not enough reason to buy one, I don't know what is.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

For what its worth, I picked up a Snickers today and it felt just like a Mars bar but I know that it'd have been crap if I'd bought it because some fool threw a load of peanuts into it.

trout
    Free Member

Had a bad day have we DBw

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Excellent ta.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Oh, and FWIW James, I've had a spin around the Lee Quarry black on Ed Oxley's Ti, mainly because I wanted to get a feel for Brant's crazy new geometry! Felt VERY similar to my Blur 4X in that it was nice and slack but obviously felt a little more punishing than my Blur does. Went like sh*t off a stick compare to the Blur though and is spot on for the riding I do (which isn't a surprise since my riding is 99% Calderdale based)… The black at Lee Quarry was no problem for it all – not many bikes I can jump straight on and immediately feel at home on.

To be honest, even at a price I can't justify, it'd be one of the very few frames I'd consider changing my Blur for. When that lottery win comes in, I'll have one Brant (or maybe two and hang one on the wall)…

Oh, and another final thing – suppose it might be a kind of comparison but I have a 456 SS. Not actually ridden it anger yet because I ripped a crank arm off on its non-anger maiden voyage around the park but that also feels quite nice – not in the same league as the Ragley Ti but then I wouldn't expect it to be!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Cheers Dave

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Must resist…

billyboulders
    Free Member

I've had a go on both. I was lucky enough to get an unexpected windfall earlier this year so was in the market for the ti hardtail I've been promising myself for over 20 years. Couldn't quite afford a Whyte or Cove, didn't like the look of the curved top tube on the 456ti (hey, I was spending an obscene amount of money all factors count!) and the sizing on the Ridgeline lt felt wrong small was too small, medium felt too high. So demo'd a blue pig loved it and bought the ti. Fantastic bike, it rides brilliantly. The blue pig is a VERY good bike for my "style" (ie clumsily have a go at most things!) The ti is even better. Is it £1000 better? That all depends if you've got the £1000, luckily I did have but I would be happy on the steel one if I didn't.

Obviously the ti will be lighter but the style of bike it is encourages quite a burly build so it still won't be super-light when built up. Mine isn't with its coil pikes, big brakes and burly rims and tyres. Wouldn't change a thing though!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried a Ragley Ti AND a Blue Pig?’ is closed to new replies.