Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone seen any deals on winter SPD shoes?
  • Bucko

I really fancy some but every year I look I struggle with justifying the price when can just make do with merino socks and cold wet feet. Has anyone seen any bargains under £100?

spicypedro
    Free Member

Found these when I was looking yesterday – Lake MX145 for £99 from Halfords.

They even had them to fit my enormo-feet but only if I could click and collect from Charlton, which is 170 miles away.

Lake MX145 at Halfords

drovercycles
    Free Member

What size shoe are you OP? We have a few on offer from Mavic and Shimano.

Bucko

I’m a UK 7, normally wear a shimano 42

MoreCashThanDash

Spring is usually the best time for deals 😉

drovercycles
    Free Member

I’m a UK 7, normally wear a shimano 42

Sorry, most stuff we hold in stock is 8-9-10-11. Don’t have anything on clearance that’d fit.

New Shimano MW5 is £125 RRP so only £112.50 through us to STW folk if that’s of any interest:
    http://www.shimano-lifestylegear.com/eu/fw/products/offroad/037mw5.php

TheBrick
    Free Member

Recently got a pair from the dreaded sports direct. Muddy fox brand. Seem to fit ok. Limited sizes though.

PMK2060

Startfitness have some mavic spd winter boots @ £69.99 (half price). I am not sure how good they are though.

Bucko

Wow, those Mavic look like a deal. No idea what they’re like though, and how does Mavic sizing compare to Shimano?

PMK2060

Reviews are good on CRC. Sounds like they size up small though.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Wow, those Mavic look like a deal. No idea what they’re like though, and how does Mavic sizing compare to Shimano?

Mavic sizing very similar to Shimano IME and the shoes are excellent quality. The Drift is their XC-oriented winter boot, very similar to Shimano’s offering. Now replaced by the Crossmax SL Pro Thermo, hence the reduced price (if anyone needs a size 10 we could do a similar deal!).

The Crossmax Pro H2O is their more trail-oriented winter boot and is on my wanted list for this winter. Our Mavic pre-order may just have one in my size on it…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got some of the mavics last year good for road, MTB OK, as with all only foolproof with longs/waterproof trousers. Well worth 70 nicker

Bucko

Are they going to be warm or am I still going to get the freezing cold cleat sucking all the heat from the sole of my foot?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen any deals on winter SPD shoes?’ is closed to new replies.