Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone running Baron Projekts?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Everyone loves tyre threads 😉

Has anyone been using Continental Baron Projekts?

Interested to know how they fair against Minions and Magic Mary’s…

Cheers

Ricks

proutster
    Free Member

Yes!
    My new Reign came fitted with a Magic Mary but it just didn’t fill me with confidence – didn’t shed mud very well (probably my fault for not going quick enough) and it felt like low grip to me on wet roots.

I’d had an old Baron on my last Reign and loved that, so plumped for a Baron Projekt and I love it – much wider spaced knobs, so sheds mud well and grip feels great. Also felt great on bone dry, rocky, trails on Sunday – that was going to be its last outing as I was going to swap it for a Butcher Grid for the summer but with the rain we’ve just had it’ll be staying on for a week or two more. 😐

Anyway, long story short = recommended!

duir
    Free Member

Yes. Very difficult to setup tubeless. Tough and insanely grippy, particularly good in mixed conditions. Heavier than Minions Exo but lighter than Magic Mary’s. Don’t roll as fast as old Barons but are bigger and tougher. My front one blew off the UST rim when I left it overnight to settle, scared the life out of me. When I reseated it the bead was damaged and the tyre now wobbles on the rim.

chiefgrooveguru

Warranty replacement duir?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Mine has been on the bike since October it is simply brilliant. Really consistent grip on all conditions dust,rock hardpack,sand, mud and roots it does the job. It also rolls quicker than a butcher Grid 2.3. The only very big problem is that mine doesn’t work tubeless it just leaks air. Mine was from the very first batch of limited edition tyres sold in Germany so maybe fixed now. Despite that issue I decided to keep it fitted all this time.

2.5 DHF might be slightly better in the summer that was what I was running on my 26 bike but for the mud and roots it’s the Baron Projekt.

Gotama
    Free Member

Yep, have one on the front of my banshee prime and similar to the above it seems to be a great tyre for my muddy, rooty riding. Grips very well, clears well, blows up to a decent size and the apex protection strip seems well thought out.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

It’s not the same tyre, but I’ve been running a protection apex trail king the last couple of weeks.

In contrast to contrast to protection of old which was like everyone else’s regular sidewalls, it’s now comparable to schwalbe snakeskin and as per Gotama above, the apex strip does seem well considered. Overall, it’s like a supergravity-lite sort of casing.

Tubelessing straight out of the packet was a list cause though. The apex insert holds onto the fold line, so I let it rest on a spare rim with a tube overnight. It went up on my LB 35mm carbons the following day with just a track pump, and I’ve not seen a single weep of sealant anywhere.

acidtest
    Free Member

I’ve been running them most of the winter on my epic 29er and sb66. They’ve handled everything I’ve thrown at them so far from thick mud to dust and sand, definitely a good all rounder. Will be swapping them out for something faster once the weather gets a bit warmer though. I ride the Surrey Hills BTW.

I had no problem setting them up tubeless with CO2. Only one of them went up with just a track pump, all sealed ok with no loss of stans through the sidewalls.

Wear rate has been really good as well so will be using them again next winter.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

This tyre has done over 1000 miles

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running Baron Projekts?’ is closed to new replies.