Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone running a Mercedes vito van?
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Looking for a second hand long wheelbase van with potential for some rear seating. (2)
    Vito seems to fit the bill and coming in on my budget , anyone got some experience of running one any reliability issues ?
    Thanks
    Richard

avdave2

We Ran one for 8 years with never a problem other than watching it rust in front of your eyes.

honeybadgerx

I’ve got a xl wheelbase converted into a camper and it’s been great, drives really well, no problems so far (touch wood).

Rust was an issue on the previous models but was sorted for the 2003 onwards ranges.

MartynS

run them at work, all are 5 seaters. CDI111 and CDI113 models

the newer ones are a really nice drive (60/61 Plates) If you can get an auto with cruise control and the comfort pack (which i think is just an arm rest!) you’re on to a winner!

Ran them since 04, never had one break down, never had one rust. we do only get them for 4 years though.

I find them a bit thirsty. We do drive them like we stole them so I reckon you’d get mid to high 30MPG if you’re paying for the fuel.

remember the reduced speed limits for vans/commercials..

stavromuller
    Free Member

I’m on my second Vito, this one’s on a 58 plate with 100k on the clock, never had to spend anything on either apart from service and tyres. Tried all the alternatives before buying either and for me the Vito came out on top, but go for the split seats up front as the bench seat is proper pants.

legend
    Free Member

Limited experience here, but 13,000 in 5 months and all’s well so far. Can’t quite work out why the **** they felt the need to mount the spare wheel inside of ours though, way to cut into load space 🙄

stavromuller
    Free Member

Cause you got the SWB version tightarse

legend
    Free Member

Not all SWB’s have it though, seems to depend on the engine choice. Anyway, it’s a company van and all I use it for is bike stuff 🙂

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Thanks all, hoping to get mid 30’s mpg .any opinions on which diesel engine to go for?
    R

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running a Mercedes vito van?’ is closed to new replies.