Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone riding today?
  • hitman
    Free Member

Anyone about? I'm off to Brecfa or Afan but looks like it could be quite icy -3C here, and it usually never gets below 0C.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Was supposed to have been – gutted – I'm such a lightweight 🙁 . Should have ridden to Cwmcarn to meet a friend – generally takes me around an hour and fifteen along the canal . . . took me nearly 20 minutes to wobble to the end of our estate – thick ice everywhere (I couldn't stand up let alone ride 😳 ) and I'm guessing the canal would've been just as bad. Still, I rode home along the riverbank – skidtastic 😛

Bunnyhop

No – but managed yesterday. It was snowy, cold, beautiful and the most fun I've had in ages, just sad that hubby couldn't come too as he'd had a nasty fall on Sunday.

hitman
    Free Member

Just got back – fantastic day but very cold and patches of ice. Didn't see anyone else out. Combined raven and gorlech trails for a nice loop and then played on the end section of the raven near the car park 🙂

mtbfix

Riding home in 5mins. Does that count? All today's slush is starting to freeze out there so it should be fun.

bintangman
    Free Member

is the gorlech trail ok to ride at weekends? the mb wales site says its closed for deforestation… cheers.

tommytowtruck

Just back from a spin around Rivi – loads of snow and it was great fun. Knackered now though.

Smee
    Free Member

Had a run down Matador at Inners earlier – twas fun.

stumpyjon

Been out this morning, managed 4 miles, 3 of which were on road 😳 . Was a bit difficult cycling in 8 inches of powder snow, absolutely virgin too, not even sheep tracks. Was fantastic with the sun out just not very rideable.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Set off on my 20 mile commute this morning but took 10 minutes to do the first mile so thought better of it. Tried riding on the road and the bike was all over the place, fast enough but way too dangerous with cars sliding about. Took to the cycle path but couldn't get through the deep snow. So yeh I was out, but not for long.

Would have been a lovely ride too.

13thfloormonk

Back home with the road bike, but all the good roads are iced over 😡

Took the main road from Benderloch to Castle Stalker near Appin, beautiful views of snow covered Ardnamurchan hills but I felt pretty sluggish after barely riding in december, my traditional 90 miles through Glen Coe on the 27th could be painful…

fergusd
    Free Member

Late evening / night run at Pitmedden yesterday in -8C then 4 inches of snow overnight . . . just back from a wee scoot round some lower level trails . . . brilliant fun . . . looks like it's cooling down again so plenty snow to play in for a few days 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

You lucky burgers 8) . Snowing hard here now but all the ice is melting as it's warmed up quite a bit – fingers crossed the roads will be clear again tomorrow . . . I can feel a Christmas Eve snowy woods ride coming on 😀

debaser

Journey to work in Edinburgh was a wee bit different today. Took the MTB and avoided main routes as much as I could. Cut through quiet roads, parks and the Queen's back garden to enjoy as much of the squeaky powdery snowy fun as I could.

Alex

Just tinselled the bike for the Malverns xmas ride. Snaffled some mince pies, and have been assured the other fellas are bringing booze. Just started sleeting here, and roads are proper icy.

I have a feeling there will be more drinking/eating done that riding, but I'll be glad to get out. Time to dig out sufficient winter gear to waterproof a small elephant 🙂

hitman
    Free Member

bingtangman – not sure about all of the gorlech – just picked it up at the top and did the descent 🙂

cuckoo
    Free Member

Looks like a great commute debaser!

iolo
    Free Member

I went round the MBR, Coed y Brenin.
    it was bloody hard work with all the snow but well worth it.

lowey

Night riding in the snow tonight!

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

I'll be riding back up here in about an hour from now..

what_tyres
    Free Member

Cairngorm today 🙂

Crap visability but we did confuse the skiers…

bintangman
    Free Member

cheers hitman

love the carngorms – McAvalanche?

AndyP
    Free Member

3 hours on the rollers this morning, on the lo-pro. Band of Brothers box set getting a hammering.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding today?’ is closed to new replies.