Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone ridden in Vassiliki?
  • bugcab
    Free Member

Primarily heading off on a watersports holiday but there is the option for guided riding.

Anyone been as not certain the only opinion I have is entirely without bias. Tour operator suggests Lefkada is “a beautiful island, mountainous in the centre – yet fringed with stunning coastal riding. Due to this diversity, it is unquestionably one of the best mountain bike destinations in Europe.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yep. I guess you’re on a Neilson type holiday. If it is then the guided rides are not bad at all. They vary a bit as they need to cater for a lot of differing abilities but generally the early morning rides are the most challenging whilst the evening rides are a lot more relaxed.

The geography of the area allows for perfectly flat rides heading inland from the bay and pretty hilly rides to the East and West. I’d guess most guides will do their ‘big ride’ up to the aerial mast on top of the hill to the west which has a pretty decent descent down some rocky double track paths.

I’ve not been for a few years, and it’s not like going to the alps but as watersports venues go the mountain biking is pretty good.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Not since 94/95 with Shockwave, happy days 🙂 Back then mountain biking was a bit different but there were certainly mountains and loads of tracks to ride.

BigJohn

Neilson and club vass both do the rides. The morning ones are the good ones. They build up during the week and have half day rides to the white church or the lighthouse which are pretty demanding. There’s only about 100 yards of single track on the whole island though but its just great riding through olive groves then stopping under the shade of a fig tree and picking and eating a ripe fig.
    If you have a roady helmet that keeps you cool, take that as well as shoes pedals and gloves.

bugcab
    Free Member

Well guessed, same type of trip with Ocean Elements, mainly water sports but also have the chance to ride so will do a bit. They have basic HT inclusive, guess not worth paying extra for own bike but will take lid pedals shoes and gloves. Ta for the tips.

tonyg2003

Yep been to Vass 6-7 times. Lots of riding possible right up to White Church (just over 3000ft). Mostly jeep double tracks but lots of single track when you know where to find it. lots of routes from an hour to multiple hour possible.

Nip over to Neilson and see Jamie. I’m following him on Strava since I did a trip in June and he’s been doing lots of interesting rides. I can pass on his Strava name.

Eric doesn’t kick in until mid afternoon and getting up to ride is the perfect thing to do in the morning.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden in Vassiliki?’ is closed to new replies.