Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone replaced a motorbike rear shock … tips?
  • Aus
    Free Member

Have ordered a Hagon shock for my ZZR600 – looks reasonably obvious as to how to replace the old one but I’m sure there’ll be hiccups – any tips before I end up with a bike with no rear end stuck on the drive?!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Spray all the bolts with penetrating fluid now. Fiar chance they will be siezed. Different bikes have different procedures.

gusamc
    Free Member

Make sure you’ve got another form of transport coz the second it’s dismantled you’ll need to drive 20 miles for a special part………

Make sure you jack it up properly, (I’d tie it to rafters as well as standing/jacking it), weight is relative to lean angle ….

new bushes ??

digi camera to photo as you take it apart

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

gus – you’ve done it before, haven’t you? the rafters and the phone might seem to be overkill, but they’re not. At worst, they’re just a bit extra effort.
    I can’t use youtube at work, but try searching there for video hints.

gusamc
    Free Member

did all my trail/enduro bikes myself, much lighter. Could use a flat top stand under engine.

I used the rafters and an adjustable tie down to align the holes at reassembly and take weight on way down (and if you hit the handlebars as you got off the floor it stopped the sodding bike falling over)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone replaced a motorbike rear shock … tips?’ is closed to new replies.