Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone recommend a shock pump?
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Just bought some Reba RLs and need a shock pump.

Anyone recommend one?

Thanks

granny_ring

Got mine on ebay, think its a beto or something like that £12 or so.

granny_ring
    BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

cool, I take it there’s an industry standard valve? never had supsension before so a bit clueless

z1ppy

STD presta fitting on the majority of shocks and forks the exception being some ‘older Marz forks and old SID’s IIRC

All shock pump tend to be much of a muchness, though a long rubber hose is useful to fit awkward read shocks & some pumps have special ‘head’ to stop pressure losse on removal from the valve. Though I’m intrigued by these, as common knowledge is, the hiss of air you hear as you remove a pump is the air in the pump escaping, not from the fork or shock & any (small) ‘losses’ detected when you put the pump on, is just the pump being pressurised – so supposedly it’s just a gimic?

Gribs

I think you mean schrader valves as I’ve never seen a fork with a presta valve fitting. I’ve got a shock pump like the one linked to above and it seems to fit most shocks but wouldn’t pressurise a mates float r for some reason. Fox shock pumps are decent enough but the nicest one I’ve had came with a Magura fork.

z1ppy

oh call me ****wit, yes Gribs is correct I meant schrader!

Big-Pete
    Free Member

I have had loads, but nothing comes close to Marzocchi.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recommend a shock pump?’ is closed to new replies.