• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Hohum.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone own an RD 250/350LC on here
  • darrimc30
    Free Member

Anyone on hear own a Rd250/350 LC on here, I’m going to be buying one in the next few weeks, needs a bit of work and I’m wondering who you buy your bits off. Would rather have recommendations before I start joining every forum on the Internet

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had one yonks ago, the 250 in red/white. Sold it to buy an Alfa GT Junior.

Loved it.

Let’s have some pics and appreciation…

RustySpanner

YPVS with a cut and shut frame and a Marlboro paint job.
    Paddock jacket, cheap Simpson knock off lid, Allspeeds, paddock jacket, trainers, no gloves.

How are any of us still alive?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I scared myself, hence the sale.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I had a 350YPVS for a while. It’d been down the road on one side but it ran nicely. I chopped it in for a GSX750F after not very long.

fasthaggis

Would rather have recommendations before I start joining every forum on the Internet

Well you have to start somewhere Facebook then branch out to the best club/forums.

Met a lad on the train who was from up Aberdeen way and rebuilding a 350LC . Original parts can be very pricey,he was talking about paying £400 for a new wiring harness.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Back in the day I production raced a 250LC,I also did a few unofficial laps of circuit Paul Ricard on it after the Bol D’or 😆
    I wish I had the foresight to buy one again a few years ago,but they’re going for daft money now.If I can find one going for the right money I’ll buy it.
    From what I know, the original exhausts & some body work parts are very difficult to source.If you’re buying a 350,check it’s not a modified 250.
    They’re a iconic bike so there’s a lot of information out there.

binners

Elsies – the ultimate hooligan’s bike.

Never had a LC myself though plenty of mates did. Along with RG 250’s and NSR400’s. I had a KTM250 crosser, on the road, at the time. I bloody love 2 strokes!

Rusty – I do look back with similar amazement that I’m still alive. God knows how any of us made it to 25

gordimhor

250 was the object of my hearts desire many years ago. When I finally got to ride a friends I scared myself shitless, so ended up with a KH250 instead

Jamie
    Free Member

I am amazed there are any left in either one piece, or with non-blown engines.

Dickyboy

Rode my mates race tuned 350 once – that was a rocket ship.

My brother used to proddy race an X7, he gave up when the LC’s came out.

Happy memories indeed.

porter_jamie

A mate has several and we are just building one up for me. What bits do you need he has tons of stuff

posiwev
    Free Member

I had a YPVS F1 (looked like a RD500) mate had a 350LC obviously with the obligatory microns and oversized Michelin sports.
    Proper machines at the time, by today’s standards poorly braked and the suspension was sh**e then.

There used to be loads of suppliers at the time,(Stan Stevens was the supplier of choice :)) I would imagine ebay would be you friend, a pro am belly pan and fairing finnishes them off nicely.

Got a RGV250 SP after that, pretty much better in every way.

binners

A mate had a tuned RG500 that would attempt to rip your arms out of their sockets when it hit the power band

In his words “it’ll pass anything apart from a petrol station”

😆

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I can’t help with your question but would like to express my envy! I had one back in the day and loved it. So wish I still had it.

scotroutes

I had a RG250 but lusted after a YammaGamma with the 350 engine until I realised it was a route to certain death.

qwerty
    Free Member

YPVS with a cut and shut frame and a Marlboro paint job.
    Paddock jacket, cheap Simpson knock off lid, Allspeeds, paddock jacket, trainers, no gloves.

How are any of us still alive?

This!!!

I had a 350YPVS, KR1 & a TDR250 SuperMoto’d with TZR wheels & a Skidmarx twin light conversion.

My 350 came directly after my DT50 (80cc engine bored out to 95cc & logged as the 50cc!), the 350 was my first time (of many) over 100mph. Crazy, hazy daze.

qwerty
    Free Member

Ha, SR – a mate had a YammaGamma, i tried to ride it through town one, it couldn’t do traffic, flat out on the throttle or nothing else!

NSR400 was the best looker IMO.

sobriety
    Free Member

thetwostrokeforum (the2strokeforum) on proboards is quite fun.

I’ve heard that RD-LC crazy is the place for Yamaha knowledge

epicsteve
    Free Member

NSR400 was the best looker IMO.

Definitely – been thinking about adding one of those to my fleet for decades now. Must get around to it one day!

Hohum
    Free Member

A friend of mine had a Marlboro paint job RD500LC.

It looked lovely and sounded amazing.

However, most of the time he just kept it in his garage and his daily runabout was a step-through Honda C90!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own an RD 250/350LC on here’ is closed to new replies.