Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Anyone own a Qashqai?
  • brassneck

Would not touch another Nissan or Renault of which they are the ‘Renault–Nissan Alliance’

Terrible build quality on the Micra and Renault cars I’ve had, you name it, electrics, mechanics etc.

Older Nissans were great

Interesting didn’t know that (I don’t look very hard!)

My old Nissan was nails, and I’d been looking at them on that basis. A friend in Belgium had more than a few issues with his and Nissan lost a 20 year customer on that basis.

moshimonster
    Free Member

JD Power survey 2013 it was rated 19th out of 116 on customer satisfaction. Not the best (Skoda Superb), but certainly not the worst by a long shot. Interestingly Nissan Micra came 98th and the highest rated Renault was 45th and most considerably lower than that. So can’t really compare all models by the same manufacturer.

luket

We’ve got an 08 2 litre petrol auto. Mid range spec.

It’s quite small on the inside. No more room than the likes of a golf. It’s quite noisy and the height makes you really feel any side to side knocks like one side going through a hole. The seats feel very low quality to me. I dislike it. I’d say build quality was pretty poor but then again it was cheap. And the steering wheel has melted in the sun. No major reliability issues though. Gearbox not as nice as other modern autos I’ve driven but not a disaster. And it drinks fuel.

So it’s fair to say it’s not my favourite car ever!

Having said all that I’m also biased by not subscribing to this idea that high up cars are a good thing. Give me a normal hatchback any day. We just ended up with it temporarily because a relative was replacing it.

Want to buy ours?!

fd3chris
    Free Member

My sister had one and hated it, poor build with interior trim coming off and the most boring drive ever according to her. Then my partners nephew bought a new one last month due to growing family and he hates it too. It sucks the life out of him and he wished he never bought it.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

In summary, they are much bigger than my MX5, much more boring and much more expensive.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I love mine 1.5 diesel 59 plate. I paid 10.5k two years ago…it’s got a pretty good spec IMO, but it’s by far and away the nicest car that I’ve ever owned. I’ve put 50k on mine and returned 57 mpg from it…mainly motorway mind.

moshimonster
    Free Member

It sucks the life out of him

I wonder what he expected of it? We have a new one and it drives like any other bland modern Eurobox, actually better than most. It’s a good medium sized family car, refined, comfortable, decent ride quality, safe etc. I actually quite like driving it when I just want to cruise around and that’s coming from a serious petrol head. I realise the older version was quite a bit more basic and less roomy, but was always highly rated for what it was.

Waderider
    Free Member

Seriously, I’d top myself before I owned one of these. Has modern domestic life anaesthetized you? A Datsun Sunny people carrier?! Really?

zippykona

For some people (such as me) a car is just a house hold appliance. As long as it works and fulfills my needs I’m not really that fussed what it is or what it looks like.
    We buy a car , it might get washed if it gets pooed on, it gets maintained as needed and once its worn out we get another.

moshimonster
    Free Member

So what amazing vehicle do you drive then wade rider? Ah I see this:-

I bought a Volvo once, as my second car. I still have it. I’ve been driving 22 years. I have a company 4×4 right enough, means the old car gets it easy. I’ll buy another Volvo one day.

moshimonster
    Free Member

A Datsun Sunny people carrier?! Really?

I passed my driving test in a Sunny. Driving instructor said it drove like a little Rolls Royce. I shit you not!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Well, I suppose if you’re the type of person that a car can ‘suck the life out of’ 🙄 or defines themselves or there lifestyle via a car then one of these is probably not for you no!

For folks that see a car as a box that is a means of getting from A to B in, then these are well proven as very cost effective (aside from the issues on early models I concede) and very safe.

Del

luket ^ has one and I like it because I can rip the shit out of him about it every time i see him. Very good value. 😀

moshimonster
    Free Member

For folks that see a car as a box that is a means of getting from A to B in, then these are well proven as very cost effective (aside from the issues on early models I concede) and very safe.

Yes and they also work for folk like me too i.e. I love driving and have more than 1 car – horses for courses. Think I’d find the old model Qashqai a bit too low rent and a bit too small (standard version). But the new one is really very good indeed. Basically bigger and a lot more refined.

I’m used to driving high end cars and I have to say on a refinement/comfort level it compares pretty favourably with cars costing more than twice as much. You might well laugh, but we bought a Qashqai after back-to-back extended test drives in a Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Volvo XC60, VW Passat Estate, VW Tiguan, and finally the humble Qashqai (top level Tekna spec mind). The Porsche was better overall for sure, but not by anywhere near enough to warrant £60K. The Volvo would have been nice, but made everyone sea sick with a ridiculous amount of pitching on accel and braking. So much so I took it back to the garage and asked if it was broken. The Passat was totally meh in every respect (who thought putting a cheap 80’s analogue clock bang in the centre of the dash was in good taste? There are even VW forum discussions about how best to remove it!). Yes it’s got a big boot, but not enough to redeem it. I thought the Tiguan was actually better than the Passat from an interior style point of view, but still very meh. Wife hated it with a passion. The Qashqai however I couldn’t really fault at the price level. Read the industry reviews of it, there are many out there and it’s as good as they say IME. Not the outcome I expected, but saved a fair bit of cash on this family wagon.

scuttler

Datsun’s back. Who’s gonna tell them they dropped a boolock?

Should’ve stuck a new engine in this bad boy.

I learned to drive in a Nissan Sunny. More like a Bentley than a Rolls IMO.

ElVino

The hire car company our firm uses has lots of them so I have driven a few models both in town and long motorway spins. The look OK, never seem underpowered compared to my 2L SMax
    However my handlebar punched a 3 cm diameter hole in the plastic trim which seemed to be only about 2mm thick when carrying it in the boot. this has never happened before so if you plan to carry bikes in the back something to protect against.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a Qashqai?’ is closed to new replies.