Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone "lost" a Yeti Arc in Sheffield?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Anyone "lost" a Yeti Arc in Sheffield?
  • Whos_Daddy
    Free Member
    nuke

Going on the components, that’s a match!

emmodd
    Free Member

Looks like the same bike to me.

dawson

looks like its the same, but swapped saddle and pedals

p7rich
    Free Member

^^ Agree with them ^^

Same tyres, same rims, same forks, etc, etc.

JamesD
    Free Member

I’ve emailed the guy to let him know!

chojin
    Free Member

Exciting stuff 🙂 hope it works out!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fire up the pitchforks! 😉

Here’s hoping for a positive outcome here!

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

lets hope so….. I’ve also emailed him….

Kevevs
    Free Member

no way! this is interesting.

Basil
    Free Member

The Cash Converters round here insist on an original receipt for the bike before they will take it

chojin
    Free Member

Odd that it’s turned up on cash converters, I agree… They’re usually sh*t hot on these things

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve just emailed the op too.

*Crosses fingers*

jedi

good work

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

I was only looking for a set of cheap road wheels, then BINGO! 😯

chojin
    Free Member

Well if it turns out to be the one and he gets his bike back – I’ll buy *you* a beer 😛

Kevevs
    Free Member

cross fingers this could be a real result!

chojin
    Free Member

And al2000 of course, for making the link

shelf
    Free Member

Thank you all so much!

I have been on to the police this morning, they are sending someone down now, so we shall see what happens.

Again thanks very much to you for spotting it and letting me know, there will be beer rewards!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

thepodge
    Free Member

someone at cash converters must be on a scam. they clearly know how much that is worth and who in their right mind sells something if that value to them. plus its not been locked up outside with all the other bikes whenever I’ve passed the Hillsborough shop roughly 2-3 times a week.

brilliant news that it has turned up though.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve not seen it outside on my way past either, but the CC in Hillsborough is dodgy as anything. I’ll keep an eye out down there for anything else odd in the future.

Andy

Blimey – thats great news.

Mindyou I’d be straight down there to stand next to my bike until the police arrive!

Coyote
    Free Member

Looking forward to a positive outcome by teabeer time!!!

crazy-legs

Mindyou I’d be straight down there to stand next to my bike until the police arrive!

Call police, inform them that you you’re going to the shop armed with a set of Bombers and will retrieve your bike by force. That should ensure that the whole police station turns up there within minutes! 😉

Great news that the bike has turned up, best of luck getting it back – let us all know how it goes!

tpbiker
    Free Member

And make sure they get charged with handling stolen goods! I hate that shop, they clearly know the value of the bike so must know fine well that the place to sell it isn’t Cash Convertors…ie its nicked

fingers crossed for you bud…

scruzer
    Free Member

Here here. This is really great so far. Fingers,toes the lot CROSSED!!!!! Well done so far to those here who have helped on here!!

kaesae
    Free Member

Good luck getting it back!

thehustler
    Free Member

“strange it isn’t out the front of the shop”……..considering its a very identifyable bike, with a thread specifically about it on the most popular MB forum in the UK…..

martinhutch

“strange it isn’t out the front of the shop”……..considering its a very identifyable bike, with a thread specifically about it on the most popular MB forum in the UK…..

Cash Converters is well placed to have an excellent insight into the problems of high-value bike theft in UK cities…. 😕

Good luck to the victim getting his bike back. I’d go and stand by the thing until the police come.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is Cash Converters on Twitter or Facebook?

If this is indeed the bike*, might I suggest a social networking bombardment for their handling of stolen goods?

*I really hope it is, but there’s still a slim chance that it isn’t I guess.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

franchise is it not?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

franchise is it not?

Yeah, good point. No real facebook presence or twitter either it seems. They deserve a bit of negative publicity though.

druff
    Free Member

It’s really good to hear a story of a bike being retrieved for one. Well done to Whos_Daddy and al2000 for the detective work.

Let us all know how it works out.

ask1974
    Free Member

Outragious… Fingers crossed this is a nice early 2012 happy story. Good luck Shelf.

Coyote
    Free Member

Any news yet?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Coyote, I’d just logged on to look as well…

Well? Any news?

thorpie
    Free Member

I will do some digging when I go in to work tonight although Hillsborough isn’t my area.

chojin
    Free Member

Don’t keep us all in suspenders!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Anyone "lost" a Yeti Arc in Sheffield?’ is closed to new replies.