Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone live in Horsforth?
  • meandyuk

I'm seriously looking at buying a house there that's not far from the train station. The big put off at the moment is that it seems to be directly on the flight path to Leeds Bradford airport.

Does anyone know if this is something you get used or if it'll only get worse?

mrsflash
    Free Member

I don't live there, but know plenty of people who do, and you get used to it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And they are increasing the flights too aren't they? So it will only get noisier.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Great singletrack from your door!

Quite a few mtb riders round them there parts too.

I used to live under Manchester's flight path, and yes, you get used to it. I used to lie in bed and see the next 5 planes lined up which I thought was kinda cool. 🙂

scuttler

Any excuse to wheel this out. Never tire of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg

carlosg
    Free Member

I live about 2 minutes walk away from Horsforth train station on the Cookridge side , the planes are pretty noisy but as mentioned above you do get used to it , my bedroom window is always open a crack for fresh air and I sleep ok through it.

Any properties in line with the flight path should have some sort of triple glazing in bedrooms as the airport funded this when night flights were added.

Also as mentioned above there is some cracking singletrack right on your doorstep , I do a 14-15 mile route straight from my front door thats about 80% off road and never more than 5 miles from home in case of breakdowns and the only thing it's missing is a long downhill. There's also a quarry off the ring road for doing drops/jumping if thats your thing.

allthegear
    Free Member

I grew up in Yeadon, on the other side of the airport from Horsforth. The aircraft noise is just something you get used to and people are right – the riding straight out of your door is well worth it.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I Used to live there and it depends on what part. The top close to the station is on the flight path, i lived further south towards the river and canal at Newlay lane and the aircraft, still audable, weren't a problem. It's nice though. We enjoyed it but couldn't afford a hutch there so moved further west.

el_creedo
    Free Member

Gets the full thumbs up from me, I used to live there and it's a) a great little villagey place; b) has plenty of drinking establishments; c) good riding from your door; d) easy in to town, and when you come back from your hols you'll love the 5minute drive home from the airport! oh yeah – and e) a great chippy on the main road at the west end!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone live in Horsforth?’ is closed to new replies.