Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • anyone know their York carparks?
  • sadexpunk

off to see killing joke next week at a place called Fibbers in York. apparently between micklegate and the train station (toft something or other)
    anyone know what my parking options are? i usually park at fire station for nowt if im in york, but i think this is the other side of the city. im guessing all options will be expensive?

thanks

johndoh
    Free Member

There is a car park on Nunnery Lane that won’t be very expensive I don’t think. Or you could park at the train station.

Which road are you coming in on?

The other option is to park a little further out on a residential street and walk in – York is hardly massive so you wouldn’t have too long a walk.

sadexpunk

thanks. coming from lincs, so up A1, A64 then A1036 i think.

remember looking at parking at train station once before and was horrified at the price, so may take my chance on nunnery lane then.

wouldnt the residential streets all be residents only parking in york? id be surprised if they werent….

cheers

bonjye
    Free Member

Train station is £7 all day on a weekend and £7.50 during the week, presume the same is true of an evening. There’s also the Park Inn hotel car park, which is a bit small but one of the cheaper ones for a short stay, at £5 for up to 4 hours, think £8 or £9 if you’re there 4-8 hrs which would be close to where you want to be. Not sure about street parking in York.

allan23
    Free Member

Nunnery Lane will be £2 after 6pm, usually plenty of spaces and Fibbers is a short walk away.

There are on-street spaces in the area but at that time you can waste more time looking for them and end up at Nunnery Lane anyway.

From the A64 then 1036 will do it. Straight on all the way into town, turn right at Micklegate Bar and Nunnery Lane Car Park is on the left.

wolly
    Free Member

there’s an ncp on Tanner row close to where you’re going

https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/york-tanner-row/

sadexpunk

thanks chaps, google mapped all of those and saved em, so will hopefully find any i need. ill aim for nunnery lane first, £2 sounds a good price to pay.

thanks a lot

johndoh
    Free Member

So – park at Nunnery Lane and any passengers can do the Micklegate Run before heading back to Fibbers.

Have fun 🙂

sadexpunk

that parkopedia looks a useful site, thanks.

porlus
    Free Member

Just want to double check with you. You say next week for the gig, but on the Fibbers website it says 2nd November.

sadexpunk

dur sorry, its wednesday, yes. crept up on me fast that one 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

I saw NMA at Fibbbers last November. Cracking little venue. Parked at Tanner Row NCP overnight, stayed at a hotel round the corner (Queens Hotel?)

sadexpunk

aye bet that were good john. unfortunately im back at work in the morning so no stopovers for me.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Thanks for the parkopedia site.

chestrockwell

York fire station is within walking distance, as is acomb at a push.

sadexpunk

yeah spose the station is within walking distance, but theres walking distance and walking distance 🙂

prefer to be straight out the venue and on the road home when theres work the next day, so for £2 im gonna take a punt on nunnery.

thanks

mrjmt
    Free Member

There’s pay and display parking on the opposite side of the road, directly outside fibbers.

Should be £2.00 from 6pm till midnight.

Same arrangement on Micklegate.

verses

<nostalgia> Eeeh, when I were a lad… Fibbers was in a much smaller venue across town, and what’s now Fibbers was a naff* nightclub called Toffs</nostalgia>

*Main recollection of it’s naffness was some Z-list celeb from Emmerdale frolicking with a sheep in the DJ booth (somehow that memory has made it through the copious quantities of mind-bleach consumed in that era).

firestarter
    Free Member

Just so you know the old fire station is now shut if that’s the one you were talking about mate

sadexpunk

There’s pay and display parking on the opposite side of the road, directly outside fibbers.

Should be £2.00 from 6pm till midnight.

Same arrangement on Micklegate.
    ah right, thats worth knowing, thanks

Just so you know the old fire station is now shut if that’s the one you were talking about mate

yeah made that mistake when they first moved mick, parked at the new one a couple of times now.

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ll have to check where that is for parking 😉

spicypedro
    Free Member

You shouldn’t have a problem parking on Toft Green, especially in the evening. £2 on a meter. If not, there’ll likely be spaces on Micklegate (behind Fibbers) – same price.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I was at Fibbers last week, hopefully they’ve got the gents toilets fixed. They were the worst toilets I have every been to. One poor member of staff was permanently in there mopping up piss that was leaking out of several toilets.

On parking I’d would just park on the road down Toft Green, as previously mentioned £2 all night.

flyingmonkeycorps

I remember seeing Planes Mistaken for Stars play in there to about 12 people. Good (but also sad) times. I also remember parking on the street round the corner, but this was a good few years ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘anyone know their York carparks?’ is closed to new replies.