Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone home serviced their Magura forks?
  • pinches
    Free Member

my menjas are due a service, i don't fancy spending another £100 on them that i'll never see again.

they just need a lower leg service (leaving deposits of oil rings on the stancions)

someone on here serviced their own using fox seals?

can you even buy magura genuine seals on their own?

Ta!

geoffj

they just need a lower leg service (leaving deposits of oil rings on the stancions)

They do run wetter than some other forks. Are you sure they need to be serviced?

pinches
    Free Member

i have spoken to magura and they said they do as you say leave a bit of oil on the stantion and i shouldn't worry unless i consider it heavy, but after my bike was on its side in a bike bag last week, theres traces of oil on the crown, so not sure if i consider that heavy?

BigJohn

Leaving oil rings is a good sign (as long as it's oil). You can undo the bolts at the bottom and whip off the lowers. Pour out any gunk give it all a wipe and top up with 30wt oil.

Give them a call in Ashby 01530 414142 and they'll talk you through it.

poppa
    Free Member

I have done a bit of research into them and just bought a pair second hand. I have also heard that they run wet, and that if you leave your bike upside down you will get some oil run-out. Personally, as long as the oil is clean and the stanchions are firm in the lowers (no play) I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure someone with more experience will come along in a moment…

joolsburger
    Free Member

Mine run wet, it's pretty easy to just stick a bit of oil in the lowers. I also keep mine upside down so the rings stay lubricated.

If you either phone them or look on the website there is a service doc knocking around.

They are very simple forks and dead easy to do at home I've had mine apart for a looksee just be careful with the rebound side bottom bolt it's not as strong as the other one.

pinches
    Free Member

ok cool cheers.

Sounds like they're probably ok, i clean any left over oil off after i ride anyway just so that any dust/muck stuck to the stantion doesn't attempt to get inside.

I'll probably get some fork oil, whip the lowers off and give them a clean and stick a couple of extra ml in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone home serviced their Magura forks?’ is closed to new replies.