Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anyone have ikea pax wardrobes ?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

if so how much clearance do you have from the top to the ceiling and did you build stood up or on the floor? ta

freddyg
    Free Member

yes, we've got about 30cm clearance at the top so were able to build them on the floor (we've got the 200cm ones). We wanted the taller ones (240cm or something) but the ceilings in our house are just not high enough.

firestarter
    Free Member

thats what im considering ive 237cm ceiling and 236cm is the bigger one i guess 200cm is the way to go i was told i could assemble them stood up and they would fit but its gonna be tight 😉

do you know how many drawers will fit in the bottom and still allow for a hanging bit .

cheers fella

doc_blues
    Free Member

We have about 8-10cm clearance with ours. Built them on the floor, and slid them into place using a cardboard sheet as a slider. Most annoying bit was getting the backto slide in in a confined space. Had jolly good fun playing 'coffins' though

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah ive heard they are heavy 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mick, your ceilings just may not be the same height as others'…

firestarter
    Free Member

cynic-al i know this but if ive only 10mm clearance im not gonna get it built too easily 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

oh and al i know how high my ceiling is and i know how high the wardrobes are thats why i was curious to know the clearances

Geronimo
    Free Member

It is possible to fit them into a space the same height as the wardrobes. ie. virtually no clearance, but it is a 2 person job. Build in-situ.

If you're hanging doors on, then the rail/clips may need modifying slightly.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I have the tall ones and where a nightmare initially as built lying down then had to dismantle and build standing up. They are really heavy and just a general nightmare to setup, although we were happy with the results. I am sure you can get built wardrobes cheaper as the pax system worked out very expensive we have 6 in one room and 4 in son’s room.

firestarter
    Free Member

must be a big room 😉 think im gonna go for the 200mm option cheers all

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anyone have ikea pax wardrobes ?’ is closed to new replies.