Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • anyone have a DXF file of a bashguard or 32T chainring?
  • kaysee

Hi all,

I should be having a batch of stainless parts waterjet cut later this week, and have a bit of space in one corner of my layout. Rather than chuck it in the scrap bin, I thought I may as well sketch up a minimal bashguard (rather a ‘chain retention ring’) for my 1×9. Only problem is I’d need to get it drawn up today, and don’t have all the measurements here.

Long shot I know, but does anyone have a CAD file for a middle-ring sized bashguard?

Ta

kaysee

Failing that, anyone have the OD of a chainring bolt and 32t chainring handy?

cr500dom
    Free Member

Ive got my bike in the van, ill go measure it in a bit

Can I have a copy of the DXF afterwards too 😀

kaysee

cd500dom – thanks. I think I now have all the measurements I need now, so I’ll sketch something up. Aiming for minimal material, not for bashing, but just to help keep the chain on. Probably just a 5mm circle just outside the chainring+chain diameter, then just enough metal to keep the chainring bolts in the right place…

cr500dom
    Free Member

Sounds about right, I have some 5mm Ti plate that I want to do the same with 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘anyone have a DXF file of a bashguard or 32T chainring?’ is closed to new replies.