Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone had a back OP
  • sig123
    Free Member

Waiting to see the surgeon at the moment , L1, L2, L3 ,L4,L5 all basically shagged was just wondering if anyone had similar problems and what did the surgeon offer you and also how are you now?

Lionheart
    Free Member

Ouch, that’s a lot! I had some fibre saved away between L3 and L4. Regular niggles, prob once every two to three months it’s a show stopper for a day or two. Osteo at least once every couple of months, when bad – once a week.
    Some exercise helps, others make it worse. A good bed for me really helps, bad beds when traveling hinder.
    Driving fine, cycling off road good, on the road pants.

DrJ

Had a bit of disc nibbled off. Before op was in a lot of pain for most of a year. After op, a few weeks later I was fine and had no further problems (touch wood)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Burst fractured T5, 6 & 7 doing a superman headfirst into the opposite bank at the bottom of a bombhole on Leith Hill. 11am Sept 1 2013.

Was offered either a bespoke brace to wear and end up a hunchback or an internal brace with a “small” risk of main cable nerve damage.

Chose the latter and now I can’t piss without sticking a plastic tube up the chap.

Do press-ups to keep the deltoids up to scratch or I can feel the metal rubbing about inside my back.

Still biking.

vickypea
    Free Member

I had L3 and L4 fused three years ago, back on my MTB after 6 months.

sig123
    Free Member

Did they offer you this with out pain going down your legs, because the doc has told me they might not do anything until I’ve pain down my legs or if i lose my faculties .

SaxonRider

Burst fractured T5, 6 & 7 doing a superman headfirst into the opposite bank at the bottom of a bombhole on Leith Hill. 11am Sept 1 2013.
    Was offered either a bespoke brace to wear and end up a hunchback or an internal brace with a “small” risk of main cable nerve damage.
    Chose the latter and now I can’t piss without sticking a plastic tube up the chap.
    Do press-ups to keep the deltoids up to scratch or I can feel the metal rubbing about inside my back.

Jeez. No wonder you’re such a vehement atheist!

😯

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a back OP’ is closed to new replies.