Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anyone got friends running the London Marathon?
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

live split times here:

http://results-2009.london-marathon.co.uk/

this is BigL off’ve here

brother in law is also doing well.

i can’t run for 4 minutes let alone 4 hours

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

got a friend doing it, but she’s not showing up on that link… addidas’s thing isn’t working too well either, but at last check, she was doing pretty well. 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you have enter a split point that has already passes or it won’t find them

all i entered was last name, first name and 10km split

will
    Free Member

got a mate who has just done the more iconic sheffield half marathon in 2 hours 6 mins.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

nope 🙁

Oxboy
    Free Member

My pal Andy, finished in 3hrs 31minutes and 40seconds, great effort.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yep, mate of mine who is an ultra runner. She did it 3h21, and knowing her won’t be happy with that… I’d be happy with twice that!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yup, got 3 mates running for meningitis research, some may have seen them on TV in the last week or so. One of them ran it last year in a very good time and while the other two were down cheering him on one of them got a phone call saying his young son had been rushed to hospital with it. A very rapid case of the disease, he couldnt get back in time to be with Ethan at the end. Despite rushing at full speed back up the motorway, leaving the running mate behind, he received the horrible phone call while on the motorway some way from the hospital. Heartbreaking story but they turned it around and decided this year all 3 would run it in his memory and as part of their work to raising funds to help find solutions to the disease.

Feel free to donate in little Ethans memory, even if it’s just a quid or two – dont have that friday pint and put the cash to a good cause! 🙂
    http://www.meningitisuk.tributefunds.com/fund/London+Marathon+2009/showFund/

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I done it with the wife (Marathon that is) my wifes knee gave up just as we were coming off of Tower Bridge (12.5 miles in). It was run/walk from then on in with stops at St.Johns for massages to ease the pain, there was a moment where she almost through in the towel around mile 18 but we managed to nurse her to the finish line.

Saw Peter & Katie quite a few times between mile 15 – 21 as they were having similar problems. We made it a little challenge to try and finish before them and pulled away with our little run a couple of hundred metres walk for a few minutes strategy…

We were joking on our way round that at the back of the pack its like something out of the living dead, everyone limping and stumbling along (us included), anyway pleased we finished and the support even hours into the event was great.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anyone got friends running the London Marathon?’ is closed to new replies.