Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got experience of DX P7 torch returns?
  • AndyPaice
    Free Member

I got my 2nd DX P7 torch through yesterday (only took four days to arrive). Tried it on a ride last night and it was fine until I got home when it died. Now it will not turn on or occasionally turns on at very low power, so low you can hardly tell the emitter is on.

I've looked at the DX returns page and they are asking for photos of the affected area and the form won't submit without photos. How do I show a photo of a torch that won't turn on??

Has anyone had to send a P7 torch back to DX? How were they to deal with and did they sort the problem quickly?

Cheers

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Yeah, they were useless.

In the end I gave up and had to bypass the switch so now it just turns on and off – and even then it plays up sometimes.

I keep thinking about ordering another as most people don't seem to have any problems with them, but tbh, can't be bothered with the hassle if that one plays up as well.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Mines broke too, havent done anything about it yet was going to right it off really but let me know how you get on

woody2000

I sent one back, it was painless enough. I sent it back, they refunded me, simple. I wanted a replacement, so I ordered one whilst waiting for a refund.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

did you use the returns form or email their customer services?

woody2000

Bit of both IIRC, was a while ago so can't remember the exact details, sorry. I have a vague recollection of using some kind of live chat thingy?

Del

just take a picture of it and fill out the form?
    i sent back four torches that i'd bought for folk ( i bought more than that! ) after a couple of months of use, and as soon as i showed proof of postage ( a p.o. receipt ), they shipped four new replacements. very good from the other side of the world, especially considering how cheap they are, IMO.
    note that they only correspond through their website – NOT by email. i waited around for a few weeks feeling grumpy before i worked that out! 🙂

takisawa2

Had to return a two mode over a year ago. No problems at all. They despatched the replacement as soon as I emailed a photo of the postage receipt for the one I returned. They even credited me $10 for the hassle.
    Cant fault them.

Before you do send it back, how about spending a minute to take the tail switch apart & re-build. Seems most problems are because of this, perhaps its not sealed or whatever. Mine played up after a ride, same as yours. Thinking it might have been condensation in the switch. Either way its a doddle to take apart with a sharp pair of scissors & its not played up since. Use the scissor points to turn the two holes in the collar thing. There's two to unscrew, it is simple to do.

I'm sure some chap with a wallet £400 lighter will be along to cast scorn & ridicule soon enough. 🙂

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Sounds promising then. Ill get in touch and see what they say.

Taka, already bypassed the switch by removing the tailcap and using a strip of metal to connect the torch body and battery neg terminal. Does exactly the same so it's not the switch. Had the switch apart with some circlip pliers as well but can't see any swarf or problems in there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got experience of DX P7 torch returns?’ is closed to new replies.