Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • ANyone got a Spesh Pitch – pics please
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Got one as a stop gap for 6 weeks but may end up keeping it – who knows!!

Build wise i have:
    Coil UTurn Lyriks
    Hope hoops with flows
    XT single ring crans and e13 xcx chain device
    SLX clutch mech
    Joplin with Fizik saddle
    Easton havoc carbon bars and 50mm Thomson stem
    Xt brakes with 180mm floating rotors

Semi excited 🙂 Not been on an MTB for 3 weeks!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mine’s a fairly similar build. They will take a serious battering 🙂

IMG_7804 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_7894 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_3281 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Only “worry” is that i will like it 🙂

deanfbm
    Free Member

I miss mine at times. Though i am on something better and much more expensive now (SB66), i wouldn’t feel hard done by if i had to settle for a pitch.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They’re brilliant, as long as the gradiant is going down (or you’re seriosuly fit and can make climbing on them technicaly fun). Mine’s definatley a keeper.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Dean – what size is yours and whats the shock? monarch plus?

godzilla
    Free Member

Dont have the bike anymore but it was great fun.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Mine was a small with a monarch plus rc3

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

There were a couple of Pitch’s out with us yesterday. They really do look like fun.

grum
    Free Member

My Specialized Pitch – Ben Lomond by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

Now has a DHX5 coil rear shock, Formula The One brakes and a Reverb instead of the GD. Ridiculously fun bike – I do 35k/1000m climbing rides on it ok in the Lakes and I’m not mega fit. Dunno if I could manage much more than that.

wolly
    Free Member

sprocker
    Free Member

the one you having off me looks better than all of them 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lol

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

AdeC
    Free Member

it started off like this:

then turned into this:

seanodav
    Free Member

heres mine, great bike.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

awesome bike the only thing I didn’t like was the pedal strikes but they werent that bad. feels lighter than the orange I just bought but not as stable. they should make a new one sub 27ibs

tomaso
    Free Member

Gone but fondly remembered

xiphon
    Free Member

Day 2 of ownership…. shame it cracked so much.

Duffer
    Free Member

No pictures of mine, i’m afraid.

I wanted a Pitch Pro, but when i got mine they were all sold out. So i ended up getting a Comp (the blue one) and told myself i’d upgrade bits as they wore out. Alas, it’s still pretty much standard! The Brakes really played up in ’10, so they got replaced with XT, i had the back wheel rebuilt last year and it’s just had some new tyres. Otherwise, it’s as it came from the shop! (Just remembered, i replaced the headset a few months ago, too)

I can’t speak highly enough of the Pitch. It’s a bit like riding a sofa at times, but it’ll take anything you can throw at it.

And the colour matches that of my 456!

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Day 1

Two years on and only the frame is left

Almost bang on the op’s spec
    Looking to replace it soon but not confident a £1000/£1500 frame would be that much better.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Hows top guide clutch mech working out? Ride any DH?

Also, i really dont believe you will find a 1-1.5k frame that will ride 1-1.5k better than the pitch.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

they should make a new one sub 27ibs

That’s missing the point. If you want a light, long travel bike, get an Enduro. The Pitch always was the ‘cheaper Enduro’
    Cheaper, but tougher. And NOT an XC bike. It’s too much bike to be ridden too far all the time. Occasionally, yes, but it’s like buying a Land Rover to pop to the shops. Unnecessary. They need a bigger, better fork than the Pike to shine: a Coil Lyrik is ideal. Flat pedals, double and bash, chain device etc. The first ones came with SPDs, triple rings and lighter rims, then Spesh worked out what it’s purpose was, and lost a ring, SPDs and added a chain device and fatter rims.
    Chuck it down a hill into some rocks and give it a battering… Ride it like you stole it basically 🙂

Rosss
    Free Member

I had a 2008 Pro but sold it last year as the medium was too small for all day riding. I’d love to get my hands on a medium frame and build one up for a play bike! This is how my pitch ended it’s time with me.

xiphon
    Free Member

Holy stem stacker, Batman!

sonofapitch
    Free Member

First ride today on 1×10 with clutch and guide.
    Just a pootle round Ashton court, was quieter but that’s about all I can comment at the mo

Rosss
    Free Member

Doesn’t look the best but helped me out on long rides.

renton
    Free Member

Heres my old ones…….

Had three in total, all larges !!

1st .

2nd.

3rd and best….

patriotpro
    Free Member

Rosss, I like that but why the XFusion shock?

Rosss
    Free Member

I bought the frame second hand and the previous owner fitted it. Shame really as it was probably the reason I decided to sell the bike when I should have just changed the shock.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

mine:

mine
    built on the cheap.
    NEEDS a longer fork – running only 130 at the mo but still works. possibly helps me up some climbs and only 9mm lower than the original.

When you stay off the brakes it really comes alive. way more bike than rider but great fun. aye, bit of a sofa/tractor.
    first ride i climbed a tricky stretch i’d never got up on anything, hard-tail or FS. great traction, but you can’t really tell; that’s my only gripe. not enough feedback. guess it’s an FSR thing.

RP2 shock MASSIVELY improved by Loco. was already pushed but he stiffened up the propedal so now no bob at all. just need to sort those forks…

xiphon
    Free Member

jamiesilo – I may have some 36s for sale which match the Pitch perfectly. Not the pair in the photo, although the build was mine…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Coil Lyriks FTW

jamiesilo
    Free Member

thanks but no thanks xiphon. i don’t need that much fork and got another project on the go to swallow my cash. stuck with them for now : (

and yes before anyone says it, i do know my chain is the wrong side of the stinger in the pic!
    took me a while to notice tho : ))

breadcrumb

robgarrioch

Had a good 2010 on it, dramatically under-used since due to our bundle of miser joy. Size L, think I’m just tall enough for it at 6’; would love to try a’M’.

A couple of all-dayers in summer 2010, Torridon + solo lap of Loch Maree

And the STW Weekender –

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘ANyone got a Spesh Pitch – pics please’ is closed to new replies.