Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone fancy showing me around East Dartmoor in July? Yunki et al?
  • sambob
    Free Member

Down in Salcombe on holiday for 3 weeks, anyone around between the 16th and the 20th that could guide me and 2 others around Lustleigh Cleave and the surrounding area? Can do evenings if no-one is around midweek.

yunki
    Free Member

Hiya Sam..
    It looks at the moment like I will be free at some points during that period, and it would be great riding with you again..

I feel that I should point out however, that I’ve done next to bugger all hours on the Dartmoor tech recently and my fitness and confidence are pretty low.. so I’ll be wheezing up the climbs and mincing/falling/walking down the descents..
    With that in mind, if anyone else offers to guide, then I recommend that you jump at the opportunity.. 😳

That said, this seems like an ideal excuse for me to make the time to get out and get my eye in a bit over the next few weeks.. 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

I’m fitter than I was then, but still by no means quick, and most of the climbs are too techy for me to ride anyway. Around for 3 weeks but I have a mate down for that first week and would love to show him some Dartmoor riding 🙂

Si
    Free Member

Yep would do… I live in Salcombe too… drop me an email si_hill66athotmaildotcom closer to the time.

ontor
    Free Member

can do too

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers both. Will email at some point Si.

yunki
    Free Member

did you get something sorted out in the end sambob..?

sambob
    Free Member

Not yet, not sure what days I’ll be free to ride yet, might depend on the tides as to what is planned for that week. Will hopefully be a wet day though, so I don’t miss a sunny day on the beach 😉

yunki
    Free Member

Will hopefully be a wet day though

I don’t think you’ll have to worry too much on that score..!
    Did you contact Si..? He’s a great guide

sambob
    Free Member

Nope, will do at some point this weekend, getting excited for my holiday now 😀

sambob
    Free Member

YGM Si.

qwerty
    Free Member

Si is a great guide, he’ll see you right.

(hi Si, I’ve been rather lazy of late bike wise but we are headed down over the summer hols, I may contact you nearer the time to see about a ride. Have you swapped your Totnes kaftan for a Salcombe white jumper around the neck then?).

sambob
    Free Member

And a Quba Jacket just for good measure?

Bucko

Did you get out in the end?

I’m making the most of the weather this week and may be up there monday tuesday and wednesday if i’m lucky

yunki
    Free Member

Aye up Bucko..

yeah we got out for a good spin round the Cleave.. I pushed the entire way.. climbs, descents, even on the flat.. (pushed the bike, not pushed the pace) I was knackered

I’m going to invest in some nice thick woolly red socks I think.. 😳

It were awesome up there all things considered.. a few mucky slogs halfway up the cracker.. but considering the amount of rain recently much of it was dry and we even saw a few puffs of dust in places.. loads of grip from the moist sandy surface.. ‘hero dirt’ as Sam put it

sambob
    Free Member

Yep, was a great day out. Tuesday would be good if you could do that, going out fishing tomorrow and bbq and beach stuff planned for Wednesday. Not forecast to be quite as hot on Tuesday too 😯

Bucko

Yunki, i can count the amount of times i’ve been out over the last couple months on 1 hand. I’m sure i’ll be overly familiar with pushing by the end of the week.

Sambob, i didn’t realise you were still down. I’m more than happy to meet up on tuesday, i’m not sure what Dave has shown you already but it’s all good anyway.

sambob
    Free Member

Sorry, not going to be able to go now as we have stuff planned with family friends that I’d forgotten about. Can do this weekend or next week though if you or atnyone else is around?

Bucko

Damn it was hot today! There was no wind at all. A much better day for the beach I reckon

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy showing me around East Dartmoor in July? Yunki et al?’ is closed to new replies.