Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone else use Google Now?
  • colournoise

And has it started playing up since the most recent update?

If I dismiss a card now (and, why did they ditch the ‘swipe to dismiss’ function?) it keeps reappearing every time the app refreshes itself. I don’t really need to know what a website published 5 days ago…

(On Android FWIW).

belm
    Free Member

I can still swipe to dismiss but now have to do it left to right. Quite why they changed it I have no idea.

No reappearances though.

nemesis
    Free Member

It’s been L->R for ages on my phone and tablets…

I don’t seem to get stories repeating themselves once I’ve dismissed them though.

scotroutes

I’ve always used L->R, so I’ve not seen any changes. Very happy with it overall. Spooky sometimes!

traildog
    Free Member

Can swipe to dismiss and don’t get any cards reappearing.
    It’s swipe L-R to dismiss because swiping R-L moves google now out of the way.

matt_outandabout

I’ve always used L->R, so I’ve not seen any changes. Very happy with it overall. Spooky sometimes!

It is black magic I tell you…. (worrying how much Google knows about me though.. 😳 – I just discovered the location history setting, great for doing mileage expenses at the end of the month…)

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve recently had a little window pop up on my work laptop about 15 mins before the time I usually leave the office with traffic data for my regular route home. Really useful! I’d like to see more stuff integrated from phone to desktop.

It’s great for keeping track of ebay/amazon purchases too.

Google Inbox is another thing altogether…took me a while to get used to it but I honestly can’t believe how much it has revolutionised the way I use email.

nemesis
    Free Member

How so? I’m very much bought into google but I didn’t like inbox when I gave it a go.

jekkyl

nope, but I did use it then.
    igmc

peterfile
    Free Member

How so? I’m very much bought into google but I didn’t like inbox when I gave it a go.

I’ve got half a dozen email accounts. I set up a Gmail one and had everything point to that email, meaning I received everything to the one place and could send out from any email address just by clicking the “from” part of the email.

That tidied things up immensely.

But the benefit of Inbox is organisation. My inbox is almost always empty. As soon as something comes in, I read it and then swipe one way to archive it or swipe the other way to snooze it to pop back up later.

The way it groups emails is weird at first but completely makes sense after a while.

I like the fact that I can keep my inbox almost completely clear without ever having to put stuff into sub folders or deleting things. I just swipe and it’s filed away or snoozed.

colournoise

Thanks all!

(Really) stupidly I hadn’t found the ‘opposite’ swipe to dismiss. Doing that rather than using the drop down menu to dismiss cards also seems to stop then coming back.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else use Google Now?’ is closed to new replies.