Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Anyone else so sick of petrol prices that there thinking of changing their car?
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Thinking of changing my car for a more economical one, also current car get on a bit and has high mileage. Looking around to see what choice there is for a good sized family car, would like something with all wheel drive as it came in very handy during the winter.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

b r – Member

Yeah if I had payed the list price for it!! I didnt. I got a 22k car for 15k – two years on they still selling for 15k+.

Thats good, but you still needed to finance the £15k and you've probably lost some anyway:

http://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/U111368-aexp/vauxhall_astra_2.0t_16v_vxr_nurburgring_3dr?utm_source=DMR&utm_medium=CPC&utm_referrer=DMR

This is known as the 'hidden' cost, as its not until you actual sell that you know the true running cost of any car.

Nurburgring's only come in white. That is not a Nurburgring.

I probably will lose money tho. Will need to do the sums first and see whats what.

Here's one from piston heads. A bit optimastic on the price I think.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1511885.htm

hainey
    Free Member

Crikey thats a huge amount of money for an Astra. Especially as you can get the Focus ST for the same price.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah if I had payed the list price for it!! I didnt. I got a 22k car for 15k – two years on they still selling for 15k+.

Still selling? for £15K?

Or still being advertised for £15K?

Two totally seperate things, my friend…….

EDIT
    Have a look at Auto Trader. I think you may raise an eyebrow at a) How many Astra VXRs are for sale (Shedloads) and b) What they are being advertised for……

alexxx
    Free Member

I just did the sums I pay 235 on average every month on fuel based on the last 12 months total cost around 2400 plus 215 tax abd not including running costs which I assume with new tyres all round an filter n oil change every 5k is around 700£ my car costs a fortune ! An that's just an average guy doing 17k in an average 1.8 Volvo s40

Edric64
    Free Member

We just changed a 2litre petrol megane to a xsara diesel and now get double the mileage we now get 50 instead of 25 to the gallon .It just takes longer to get anywhere though!

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else so sick of petrol prices that there thinking of changing their car?’ is closed to new replies.