Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Anyone else not really fussed about coffee?
  • smell_it
    Free Member

I like drinking coffee, to the point that I don’t think my day has started till I’ve had a strong coffee followed by a fabulous poo. Equally I have an iPhone 7. But if anyone tries to talk to me about either thing for longer than 3.5 seconds I lose the will to live, and the person speaking just becomes a moving blob of plasticine making a painfully inaudible noise.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Anybody seen Dave Gorman (Moden Life is Goodish) on how coffee has ruined tea? He makes a fair point….

teasel
    Free Member

I don’t drink really posh stuff, just your average bag from a supermarket but my dad has always had a similar reaction to some on here – like the smell, hate the taste. Until I added a drop of single cream* (and sugar, if that’s your bag) and then he claimed it tasted as good as its aroma.

I had some coffee once – friend of a good friend, really posh flat in a London mews somewhere nameless. Tasted fruity and sweet without sugar. Nothing I’ve purchased pre-ground from a supermarket has ever tasted like that, or stuff from an old friend’s pro machine with freshly cooked beans. **** knows what that was.

Maybe it all comes down to how you tamp it down and I’m simply lacking the right equipment…

*Don’t use Elmlea. For some reason it has a weird taste that doesn’t complement coffee in the slightest.

welshfarmer

I drink on average about 8-9 mugs of coffee from the cafetiere daily, with Mrs wf not far behind (though she switches to beer for the evening being of the Bavarian persuasion). A bag of coffee doesn’t last long in this household as you might imagine.

Tea on the other hand I can take it or leave it. Probably drink less than 10 cups a year.

I find it very difficult to sleep unless I drink a large mug of coffee just before going to bed. Go figure?

Northwind

I’ve had proper coffee made by gay italians that everyone swears is divine, and not been that impressed… And I’ve tried various types of artisan **** brew and likewise, never been sold. Tesco Finest Blue One is the one for me (Nescafe pretentious range is decent too, except the cappucino, it’s clearly MDF dust)

Tea is manky otoh. Thing that always seems weird is, people bang on about strong builder’s tea but the strongest cup of tea I’ve ever tasted was still basically water. I think maybe if you could get the flavour strong enough, I’d like it but that might mean just eating a tea bag.

No, not like that.

oreetmon
    Free Member

Instant coffee good enough for me
    Refuse to join this expensive coffee drinking culture trendy crap.

A fool and his money………….

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

A fool and his money………….

Bang to rights. Instant coffee is much like instant tea granules i.e. good enough for everyone except for those Lavazza and PG Tips ponces who think they’re hip and ‘cultured’ with their ‘grounds’ or their ‘leaves’. If you ask me they just like to spend double because they imagine it makes them look better than everyone else!

What next, instant milk not good enough? Coffee/tea whitener too ‘uncultured’ for them!? (Shakes head)

MrsToast
    Free Member

Hate coffee. Bizarrely I used to drink loads of it, until I was about 6. Can’t stand the smell or taste.

slowster
    Free Member

Are you so insecure about your own choices and preferences that you feel the need to be dismissive of other people’s?

Put it this way, would you similarly boast,

“Cheap processed ready meals are good enough for me
    Refuse to join this expensive freshly prepared, free range, quality ingredients trendy cooking crap”

or

“Cheap blended whisky is good enough for me
    Refuse to join this expensive single malt drinking culture trendy crap”?

oreetmon
    Free Member

Malvern rider ,
    Well said

oreetmon
    Free Member

Insecure,,,,,,,,, nah
    Just my opinion pal

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Malvern rider ,
    Well said

Thanks m8. I was raised on frozen and dried food, 70’s kid. Condensed milk and white bread and white sugar – so when all these ‘fresh’ snobs start with all their ‘tastes better’ lies I know they’re lying because I’ve HAD tinned cream and peaches. Drank nothing but tea granules or Maxwell House Nescafé Camp coffee. Same with Smash mash, dried milk and not to mention birds eye frozen beefburgers and dried onion and guess what? Yep it’s all GOOD ENOUGH. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just trying to show off. We used to get Findus frozen cheese and tom pizza, those little things about as big as a hand. Proper good. Now its all that WOOD FIRE pizza, has to be 10 foot wide FRESH (gag) dough bollox with Italian cheese – lol.

What next, ‘FRESH’ burgers? ‘FRESH’ cream from cows? lol. ‘Fresh’ poncense, old nonsense. No offence to anyone here just talking generally but I can hear them now

‘Dahling, dahling, guess where AAHve been today??,Yeah? No, no. Yeah! – no, the CHILLED section, yeah? Yeah – CHILLED’ ‘YES, FRESH full cream milk, so decadent, I know, I know, but wait. Guess what else’???
    ‘Go on?’
    (Squeals with delight) ‘Only a pack of FRESH mince’!
    ‘What, not frozen?’?
    ‘Yeah, how cool uh? – and guess what else?’
    ‘Wait, why do you keep saying ‘FRESH’ all the time?’
    ‘…FRESH coffee! – in a BAG!’
    (silence)
    ‘Great eh? Hello? What do you mean you’re divorcing me because I’m trendy?’
    ‘Buy us a Vesta Curry then or I’m walking for good’.
    ‘Yeah, but…’
    ‘Bye. Ponce.’

kimbers

worked in a coffee factory when I was in my uni summer hols.

hellish, hot, sticky, caffeine wired temple of doom that place, gets in your hair, eyelids, nostrils

never been a fan since

convert

Whatever brew works for you is fine by me – tea, coffee, instant, all manner of herbal bobbins or artisan beans that have been through a monkey’s arse – it’s all good.

As long as you have a brew. It’s those oddball social misfits that don’t do hot drinks I don’t get. The rite of passage into adulthood is the ability to sup a hot mug of some sort of filth when the need arises. When you welcome an adult into your house and they won’t/can’t/don’t take a mug of something – it’s so against the social norm it makes my head hurt.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else not really fussed about coffee?’ is closed to new replies.