Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone doing the Dunkeld Enduro this sat
  • dunkeldlocal
    Free Member

Anyone doing the Dunkeld ( Highland Perthshire Enduro) this Saturday? I believe there are still spacers available, rode a few of the stages over the weekend and it looks to be a cracker of a course taking in some of the biggest descents in the area.

Last year was great and this year looks even better. Can wait for Sat, hopefully see lots if folk there.

mactheknife

Yep, me and a couple of mates are in. Really looking forward to it. Last year was a blast.

I’m glad they changed the race route a bit from last year, Track 1 last year wasn’t up to much and seemed to be put in just to add some mileage. The wee video teaser of the new stage 1 looks ace 🙂

I rode the route a few times afterwards and was really gutted that the run at the back of Birnam Hill had been obliterated with logging. it was such a sweet trail. A good reward for the honking climb 😉

euain

I’ll be there. I enjoyed last year – and the email that came out makes this year look even better! 🙂

Edit – anyone thinking of it – here’s the info Dunkeld Enduro Info

dunkeldlocal
    Free Member

Yea I was gutted that logging took out last years stage 3, but stage 1 this year is even better and will more than make up for it. Will be looking to get that trail rebuilt at some point though.

Roll on sat and fingers crossed for some sun too.

Taz

Thinking about doing this

What kind of riding will it be as I may have to bring the HT. Have ridden Enduro’s that are little more than pumped up XC through to some pretty nuts stuff that a DH bike would have been more appropriate

What are ground conditions like in the area?

Cheers

geoffj

through to some pretty nuts stuff that a DH bike would have been more appropriate

From what I hear, the some of the sections are pretty much full on DH grade.

mactheknife

The sections i know are a blast, nothing any confident rider cannot handle. There is 1 section i don’t know but there was a wee teaser video put out this week that looks pretty sweet.

There are a couple of the DH track sections in the race i think but they are not as full on as you would think. They also have chicken runs on some of the sections.

Its a great place to ride TBH.

Taz

Cheers Guys

Will get the entry in. There is not much I won’t tackle on the HT and if the FS is mended in time then all the better

Will get the entry in tonight then 🙂

Taz

Entry in

Looking forward to it 🙂

Northwind

Going to need to make the call later in the week- race is on to fix car before macavalanche on sunday, would be cool to do both!

dunkeldlocal
    Free Member

The ground conditions are improving was abit slick but f weather stays like this should be perfect.

As for riding a HT, you should be fine as long as your a confident rider, def have an advantage on some sections with a FS but then a few sections will suit a HT more.

There are dh sections but the hardest of dh sections are not included in the enduro route, though this does not mean that it is easy! ask any one that did stage 2 last year as it is back again to challenge all that descent, just make sure your brakes work well.

mactheknife

Think ill head over for a spin tomorrow, head up the mast and play on that stage for a while 🙂

mactheknife

Just a quick note, this turned out to be an absolutely fantastic event. Trails were first class. Technical and well worth the climbs 🙂

Marshalls were great, smiles all round. And it was ace watching the kids races near the finish line.

Well done to everyone who worked hard to make this a success. Roll on next year 🙂

stumpy120
    Free Member

Fantastic event. Really upped their game from last year.

Gnnr

Any gpx files of the route? I’d love to give it a go.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Yeah it was superb. All 4 stages were excellent! Glad I entered at the last moment. Definitely going to have to head back soon to retrace my steps.

A big thanks to all the trail builders and volunteers!

legend
    Free Member

Was the turn out this year less than last year? Seems like a small number for an enduro

Si
    Free Member

Its on Strava Gnnr, or bob us a mail for a guided ride round…Sure I can remember it all!

rotten
    Free Member

A big thanks to all the organisers and trail builders for giving us an awesome event. All 4 stages were great,kids races looked fun and the weather was nice, roll on next year.

Muzzy
    Free Member

Massive thanks from me too. Fantastic riding, friendly folks!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing the Dunkeld Enduro this sat’ is closed to new replies.