Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone bust a Xmas present yet? (pic content)
  • s
    Free Member

I am down to my last thread on this one!

My daughter went to great expense and time to make me a cotton bracelet, arrrr, I here you say, which tbh, I was quite pleased with,its quite cute in a home made sort of way.

But & its a big but!

The cotton is made of cheese and every day a few more strands snap, now only one colour is holding the darn thing together!

So, can anyone help?

I either need to learn how to make one of these things super fast or need another one making, preferably with the same colours before she notices I have killed her first one*!

I thank you!

*like a replica pet replacement, I want to stop the enormous amount of grief this would cause her!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Tell her the truth, and chastise her for such shoddy craftsmanship! Then tell her she owes you a replacement under warranty!

s
    Free Member

Mrs Toast – Member

Tell her the truth, and chastise her for such shoddy craftsmanship! Then tell her she owes you a replacement under warranty!

Nice idea Mrs Toast, but I fear she is a bit young to understand the ‘kids made goods must be kept on the fridge act’ just yet 😉

At the age of 43 I should be able to work out how these things are made! 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s true man. There’s no hope for the future of British Manufacturing with such substandard workmanship. 😐

Then tell her she owes you a replacement under warranty!

😆

Just tell her daddy broke it doing some work and he’s very sorry and can she make you a new one. Then sit with her and help her make one that’s stronger. That way, she learns to improve her technique and skills, you get to spend quality time with her, and help develop stronger familial bonds.

Get her to show you how they’re made, then she can feel pride in being able to do something.

Look at it not as a broken bracelet, but as an opportunity to strengthen your relationship.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

No, but I’m worried thaqt mine minght break me.
    I’m going diving with Tinkerbelle.

This is Tinkerbelle

MrsToast
    Free Member

Just tell her daddy broke it doing some work and he’s very sorry and can she make you a new one. Then sit with her and help her make one that’s stronger. That way, she learns to improve her technique and skills, you get to spend quality time with her, and help develop stronger familial bonds.

Or, tell her that you’ve left it at work because you had to take it off to rescue a kitten from an airvent, but that you’d like to have another bracelet as a collar for the kitten, and ask her to make another one and watch her as she makes it. Repair the original bracelet. Bracelet’s intact, and dad’s a hero.

Then buy her a kitten.

s
    Free Member

pettastic idea – like it

tazzymtb

tell her if she doesn’t make at least another 100 today, you are going to replace her with a small child from a sweatshop and sell her on ebay

BigJohn

I thought this (and the pic) was going to be about implants which is why I clicked on it 🙁

loum
    Free Member

I blame Thatcher for destroying British manufacturing

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I broke my daughter’s Micro Scooter about 5 minutes into its maiden scoot 🙁

s
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member

I broke my daughter’s Micro Scooter about 5 minutes into its maiden scoot

Well that beats me hands down mastiles_fanylion, I dont feel so bad now 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I felt such an idiot 🙁

Especially as her twin sister was still happily scooting along on hers 🙁

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bust a Xmas present yet? (pic content)’ is closed to new replies.