Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone bought and used – Tenn Outdoors Protean waterproof shorts?
  • benz
    Free Member

Looking to buy some new waterproof shorts to replace some cut-down Aldi waterproof trousers which have finally worn through after about 4 years is useage. I do have some 3/4 Altura Attack, but wanted shorter shorts and they need to be relatively cheap.

Any feedback or reviews on the Protean?

Thanks!

HindlePie
    Free Member

Missus wore hers for the first time on a soggy ride in North Wales yesterday. Rode from Llangollen over to Llandegla, did a lap, then back down Worlds End from the masts. It was wet all day and she stayed completely dry. She has some fancy Gore-Tex ones too, which are good but she prefers these as they aren’t as slippy against the saddle. I’ll be ordering a pair.

falkirk-mark

Got a pair last week and they look quite good,However I have not used them yet so cannot give feedback on wearing or waterproofing, got to be worth a try at sub £20 when the dearer shorts seem poor anyway.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Are they ‘proper’ waterproof type material or more ‘fabriccy”?

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

Had a pair delivered on Saturday and they had their first outing yesterday, it wasn’t wet enough for them and was far to warm, so ended up with a sweaty behind, kept the grit out so all is good, I did give them a test when cleaning the bike afterwards though and they do seem to be water proof.

mimmiethecat
    Free Member

Used mine Saturday, had a few damp bits but pretty sure it was water running down from the top and some splashing up the legs.

Guessing the durability won’t match some other brands, but for £18.00 I am well pleased.

nemesis
    Free Member

I just bought some! Will report back.

houndlegs
    Free Member

How do you think these would fare as ordinary shorts? I prefer to wear shorts for work,and at the moment I’m using a pair of cut off waterproof trousers. Would these be comfy for all day long? Also,are they about knee length?

sazter

Can’t find a small anywhere, if anyone comes across a pair please let me know! 😀

richardthird

Their own website only goes down to a Med. I think they’ll be too big, how are they measuring up?

butcher

Are they ‘proper’ waterproof type material or more ‘fabriccy”?

They’re very ‘waterproofy’. Rustly and plasticy. As such they’re not very breathable. Should be good through the winter though. Not tried mine in the wet yet, but I’d expect them to be fairly waterproof. They look like they’ll last well too.

One thing I’m not keen on is the size. They’re very baggy, and I bought a small!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks butcher – just the info I was after!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought and used – Tenn Outdoors Protean waterproof shorts?’ is closed to new replies.