Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone been to Chatel for a family summer holiday
  • karnali
    Free Member

if so would you recommend it? kids age 10 and 7

thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

Its a very nice place but there is an awful lot more to do in Morzine. You can still get to the same biking areas but for non biking activities Morzine wins easily so it depends on your kids.

Stoner
    Free Member

^ yep.

It makes for a nice day out to go to Chatel from Morzine via the chairs and bus links, but there’s much more to do for a family in Morzine than Chatel.

Chatel is near enough dead in summer.

BoardinBob

Hmm.

Whenever I’ve been in the village itself it was way busier than Morzine. Day trippers maybe?

vinnyeh

Whenever I’ve been in the village itself it was way busier than Morzine. Day trippers maybe?

probably all the folk staying there standing around and scratching their heads trying to figure out something to do for the day.

Honestly, take Stoners advice.

argyle
    Free Member

we stayed in La Chapelle and day tripped into chatel most days for a mini summer break with the family. nice walks and an utterly amazing indoor/outdoor swimming pool. depends what you want from a holiday i guess

soulrider
    Free Member

Another Confirmation of more in Morzine for the children to do.
    We stayed in Montriond as it was a little quieter but could easily access Morzine town centre.

Chatel is very nice but a little limited on things to do for Children..
    Of course if you are going to drag them out walking and biking every day it matters not a jot. Though the supermarket is far better on the edge of Morzine as well.
    Furthermore, there is easy access from Morzine to Les Gets and Avoriaz which have good activites for the wee ones also.

The wife and I were regulars to Chatel (winter and summer) prior to Children.

Shit I used to talk about routes to ride and cheeky trails… Bollox…

philtricklebank

We’re going this year for a week, staying up by the lifts and cycling probably every day. Kids are 15 and 11. Went to Les Gets last year and ended up most days getting over to the Lindarets area, which is a good 60-90 mins from Les Gets. Found the trails less wrecked and more enjoyable in Chatel and over the Mossettes into Swizterland, with plenty of cheeky/non trail centre options there.

It’s a fair point about there being plenty on in Morzine if you’re not riding every day. Bear in mind that Chatel village is several miles downhill from the first lift up at the bike park, so if you want your riding days to be car free then you’ll need to plan your accommodation accordingly. Morzine offers a good central location with lots of choice each day, and potentially car free, depending on where you’re staying.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Chatel for a family summer holiday’ is closed to new replies.