Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anybody used michelin speedium road tyres?
  • elma
    Free Member

As in the title these are cheap as at the mo on crc.

They will only be used for commuting until the good wheels get put back on in the summer, so are they ok or do i need to pay a lot more and get conti gatorskins which seem to be the choice of tyre at the minute.

Thanks Iain

SimonT
    Free Member

I’ve used the 25s for a couple of years, summer only though. Round profile and heavyish sidewalls are comfy and handle well on crappy surfaces & unsealed, resistant to pinch punctures but not thorns. Grip is good wet and dry but only if the road’s clean which it rarely is in winter, Schwalbe Marathons til easter for me.

large418
    Free Member

I put a cheap one on the rear and it was blimmin lethal. Only good for the turbo trainer I reckon. Not sure if I had the super cheap version though.

brakes
    Free Member

beware the cheapo tyres!
    I was just looking at them and decided that they must be cheap for a reason

will
    Free Member

Running them on my TCR and to be honest I like them. Roll well, seem light enough and offer good levels of grip, even in the wet.

Only thing I will say is that my last two rides i’ve both had punctures, no idea why as before that they have been fine!

finbar
    Free Member

Don’t get Gatorskins, they are horrid. They are very hard rubber and have no grip in the wet, but paradoxically cut up pretty easily as well. Especially the sidewalls.

Consider Michelin Krylions / Specialized Roubaix Pro armadillo / Vittoria Rubino Pro-tech if you want something a bit more puncture resistant and gripper than Speediums.

HTTP404
    Free Member

I use them. Mainly because they were cheap. They haven’t harmed me yet. And as far as I can see – indeed they are folding tyres from a reputable company.

elma
    Free Member

cheers just ordered some for £11 if they’re crap i can always use them for holding things up in the garage.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anybody used michelin speedium road tyres?’ is closed to new replies.