Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anybody ride Cotic Bfe
  • womble321
    Free Member

Before i buy a 2012 anybody got one ?

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’ve got one, but given that I’ve only ridden it 3 times so far, I’m not sure how much use I can be. What do you want to know?

First impressions are that despite 140mm forks it climbs better than expected. The weight isn’t ridiculous (mine is 27lbs with 1×10) and it felt comfy and planted on my first proper ride.

A Soul would be more suited to my riding style but it is a 2nd MTB so the cheapness of the BFe frame made more sense.

Here is a gratuitous pic:

Alini
    Free Member

I’m just about to post a 16″ frame in classifieds if you’re looking for a 2nd hand frame ?

If you’re looking for rider recommendations, then I would say great frame, they build up into a nice burly ride. No complaints at all from me, nicely built and finished frame.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have a “prior model” bought new in March (ie before the green one came out), great bike. Lots of threads on here with many positive comments, photos etc

Bought mine for my normal riding,XC, Surrey hills trails, small jumps and drops I’m capable of, longer natural rides like Peak District. 120/150 adjustable forks for max flexibility. Very comfortable on longer rides and so much fun, bike just wants to play.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve just built my gritstone one back up after riding my Remedy for the last month or so. I’ve had mine for about 18 months and I love it. I run 1×9 with coil Lyriks and SLX/XT/XTR kit, with Hope Pro2 EVO hoops (Flow front, EN721 rear).

You can throw the kitchen sink at it and it just loves it. I’ve had a Soul too but prefer the BFe – stiffer, burlier. Sure it’s not the lightest thing around (the Soul builds into a much more sprightly thing) but for what I ride, and how I ride, it’s just about perfect (although I do like the green one).

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Reggiegasket,
    Was the Bfe the same size as your soul (shorter stem?) or a size smaller?
    As I got a soul and think about a Bfe but not sure what size!

Garry_Lager

Similar build to Reggie’s – bought it as a stop-gap frame but ended up as a keeper. Pretty hefty with the lyriks – I’d like to see someone try and break it. But not too heavy that you couldn’t take it out into the hills – I’d ride it anywhere 3 hrs or so, much more than that and it starts to wear a bit. Easy to build it lighter though.

I’d say you’d need to be quite tall to consider the large BFe, like 6′ 2” upwards or something like that.

HansRey

i’ve got a bfe. It’s a hooligan frame. It encourages you to be more risky when riding. As such, since i have been riding with this frame i’ve bust two wheels and 1 crankset. Make sure you buy components to match the attitude 😀

Northwind

Mine was excellent, but a wee bit… Well, ordinary. Not something I ever felt about my Soul, or my Hemlock. It did everything else I asked of it but it never really inspired.

_tom_
    Free Member

Mine was excellent, but a wee bit… Well, ordinary. Not something I ever felt about my Soul, or my Hemlock. It did everything else I asked of it but it never really inspired.

+1, nice frame and it looked great but I kinda found it a bit boring to ride for whatever reason.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I’ve got a 150mm rev on the front of mine, and when it is locked out, it climbs better than my old 120mm bike. It is fun which is why I ride. mine is 29lbs. I’m about 5 foot 10 and have medium which is great. I think it has a lot more personality about it than most mainstream, ready built bikes because every one is unique which means I have become more fond of my bfe than I have with any other bike I have owned. it is just a really good frame IMO.

womble321
    Free Member

Hi guys thanks for all your posts.Pixelmix i have bought this frame for the reason u did as i liked the price & with your pic it has give me i can see what mine will look like.But i have blcak talas forks so hopefully still look nice.

wisepranker
    Free Member

They still look good in green with black talas forks 😀

hora
    Free Member

Hows the rear uberstiff or ‘give?

womble321
    Free Member

Wise pranker is your ? a pic but i cant view it 🙂

Wookster

I had the one before his one (second generation??) awesome bike I had 140mm on it bullet proof, and became my favourite bike. I used it for everything 5+hours to a stolen hour between work and sorting the kids out!!

I do fancy a new one new but CX bike only arrived 😈

hora
    Free Member

Im getting a 2nd gen. How did it compare to a 456 and comfort generally?

wisepranker
    Free Member

womble321 – Member
    Wise pranker is your ? a pic but i cant view it

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Sorry, trying to post from my phone doesn’t seem to work too well!

P
    I’m riding medium BFe and a large Soul, the medium is just the right size for throwing about. Comfort-wise, it was comfortable enough to do the Torq 12:12 a couple of weeks ago!

womble321
    Free Member

Wise pranker looks nice hopefully be a nice ride what weight is yours ?

mistertee
    Free Member

Sorry for the gratuitous plug, but there is a lovely example here for sale…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-immaculate-cotic-bfe-medium-175%E2%80%9D

Bfe is a brilliant bike for thrashing. Worth a look.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’ve too got a grit stone. Fantastic frame, built on 150 Sektors it’s not the lightest build but was never intended to be. It’s a great frame for chucking about, climbs ok and is sedate enough on family trips. It’s my only bike so it’s been on 10 hour rides and quick thrashes on dirt jumps. I love it. If I could afford it I’d build up a soul too.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Pixelmix i have bought this frame for the reason u did as i liked the price & with your pic it has give me i can see what mine will look like.But i have blcak talas forks so hopefully still look nice.

Should look good with black forks I reckon. I only went for the white Fox as I found a decent deal on them. Enjoy it when you get it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Black will look fine as it will match the COTIC sticker.

I love my BFe the blue is stunning, the green however is even nicer

hora
    Free Member

who cares how it looks?!!!! its how it rides.

prezet
    Free Member

Love mine. I’m 5’11” and ride a small – as someone said, it’s a hooligan going downhill, 4x and dual. Not the greatest climber – but if that’s your thing, grab a Soul. I run mine with 2013 110/140 Talas. 110mm is ideal for the 4x and dual tracks – and 140mm for some hardtail DH fun.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anybody ride Cotic Bfe’ is closed to new replies.