Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any Way to mount Reverb to Shimano I-Spec B levers?
  • lozbrown

As above is there anyway to mount a reverb to Shimano Ispec B levers?

The reverb came with a little piece but I presume that is to connect to the SRAM equivelant..

Does anyone make an adapter for this? Seems like the sort of thing one of these metal parts companies would make

kevin1911

+1

If it’s not already been done, it’s a gaping hole in the market!

lozbrown

yeah, that’s what I think. When people make adapters to make go-pro’s and garmins to mount anywhere and little things to put you’re rear mech slightly further away you’d think someone like superstar or something could solve this problem.

otsdr
    Free Member

Not sure I understand the question: the Reverb remote has an integrated clamp, it cannot possibly be mounted on something that already has a clamp, like a Shimano brake.

andylc
    Free Member

Yep the reverb is designed to integrate with the matchmaker system but the reverb supplies the clamp and then the SRAM brake fits into the gap left at the front. Don’t see how Shimano system can fit with this. Problem solvers do adaptors to fit most available options currently.

STATO
    Free Member

Not sure I understand the question: the Reverb remote has an integrated clamp, it cannot possibly be mounted on something that already has a clamp, like a Shimano brake.

Yup, i do wonder what people think is possible sometimes, magic maybe?

MSP

The reverb can come with a full clamp or a matchmaker clamp to atatch to sram brakes, problem solvers might do a suitable solution.

otsdr
    Free Member

They all come with a clamp (there’s a plug you can mount instead of the brake if you wish to do so), the matchmaker is the dangly (separable) bit where the shifter goes.

MSP

Yeah just realised that looking for a picture of the clamp, I thought they did 1 that attached to the brakes.

gkeeffe

I reckon this would work but its out of stock at the mo…..

http://problemsolversbike.com/files/blog/MisMatch_1.1_Adapter_INST.pdf

STATO
    Free Member

I reckon this would work but its out of stock at the mo…..

want to explain how you reckon, because I reckon that is solving a different problem entirely.

kevin1911

Well I had a look at my set up today and I reckon it’s completely feasible, but would require somehow tapping the pivot out of the hinge on the shimano brake clamp. And/or creating a replacement lever for the reverb. If we can master quantum mechanics, in sure resolving this problem should be quite easy.

lozbrown

So basically the gist here is:

The SRAM matchmaker allows you to mount the SRAM shifters to the Reverb clamp instead of the AVID brake lever clamp.

There is no way (as I’d wrongfully assumed) to mount the Reverb button to the Avid brake clamp as you can the SRAM shifters.

Sooo there is also no way to adapt the Reverb button to the Shimano clamp.

STATO
    Free Member

And/or creating a replacement lever for the reverb. If we can master quantum mechanics, in sure resolving this problem should be quite easy.

Well if youd said ‘is there an option if i replace my reverb button with something else entirely’ then yes its totally possible.

Just buy one of these, which replaces the current reverb button with something that mounts like a sram shifter, and fit the appropriate problem-solvers adaptor.

STATO
    Free Member

The SRAM matchmaker allows you to mount the SRAM shifters to the Reverb clamp instead of the AVID brake lever clamp.

There is no way (as I’d wrongfully assumed) to mount the Reverb button to the Avid brake clamp as you can the SRAM shifters.

The reverb remote replaces the bar clamp of (current) Avid/SRAM brakes and the SRAM shifters mount to either in the same manner, using a little adaptor piece.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any Way to mount Reverb to Shimano I-Spec B levers?’ is closed to new replies.