Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Any Volvo XC60 owners on here ?
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Pretty much signed up for a lease deal on an r-design d4 manual diesel xc60. Reading a few owner surveys just, was surprised to read that service costs are high (didn’t ask being a previous vw owner) and that mpg is pretty crap considering the claimed 60+ (that I know you won’t get near in reality)
    Any owners on here care to reassure me 🙂 ta

ChrisA
    Free Member

I’m on my second one now as company cars, great cars, I love mine. For some reason the new D4 engine doesn’t seem to be as strong as my old D3 engine version, but it’s still plenty good enough. Servicing is pretty high, but the intervals are 18k miles, so it’s no big deal really. Economy wise, mine is mostly motorway miles, I’ve done 17,000 since January & my trip computer says I’m averaging about 42mpg, so you’ll be nowhere near 60+ in my experience. My last one had 85k miles on it when it went back & I was getting about 40mpg from that

Mines an r design with leather interior, sat nav, parking camera etc, I think if I had another, I’d just go for the SE with leather & sat nav.

I’ve only had one problem with mine which was the alternator, apparently it’s a pretty common fault and it’s the same for thelast model xc90’s too

gribble
    Free Member

Just taken delivery of a new D4 SE. We added leather, auto box, sat nav, privacy glass and better speakers to the list of standard stuff. Only had it about a week, so not really used it much yet.

Economy wise it is not going to be as good as our last car, especially since I have just added roof bars and bike carriers. The sales lady did say the 2.0 D4 in fwd only was more economical, and if you went auto had a more modern auto box. I decided against it as I thought we would have been better simply getting a regular estate car if we did not go for an AWD model.

My brother has had an XC60 and also an xc90. He says he would not bother with r design, but they do look better than the model I have. He liked his xc60 more, but just had to many kids to fit in it and had to change.

I like it so far. Easy to drive and comfy seats. I also looked at a disco sport, but discounts were crap and boot was not as wide. I also think the xc60 looks less like a Chelsea tractor, although undoubtably it is a school run type car…

iainc

Watching with interest as top of my list to buy/lease when my company car goes back next yr. So far whittled down to this and Passat Alltrack. I prefer the XC60 but head says Passat when looking at monthly outlay…

russ295
    Free Member

D5 se auto on a 60 plate. Had it from new. Oodles of grunt on the motorway and nice in traffic due to the automatic gearbox.
    Had a sensor fault at 3 years but apart from that it’s been good.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’ll get a look at one today Iain, just don’t ask him about the EGR issues…. 😆

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

My other half has the 2.4 AWD (D5 i think) auto on a 59 plate. I like it. It’s not the fastest or most economical. She averages 30 mpg, however she doesn’t do long motorway journeys. I reckon on a motorway you might see 40 -45 mpg although the newer engines are meant to be more economical. Well according to the manufacturer and they always tell the truth dont they. 😕

Shes had a DPF failure which was common on the older models but apart from that pretty good.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Out of interest what are typical service costs ? I’ve always liked these but got an A6 Quattro instead when I last looked (7years ago now).

dantsw13

Volvo do a deal on new cars -3 yrs for £300, 5 yrs for £500.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Xc60 se d5 14 plate here.

Love it with a passion, way better than my old xc90 d5 in nearly all respects. 60+ mpg is just an aspiration, no way on this earth will you average it. I have the start/stop tech and it’ll also demap/tune depending on driving style. I drive mine with my normal grandad slippers on and I get no better than 45mpg from mine, don’t care though.
    Service, mines yet to have one but the xc90 used to cost £350-600 depending on what schedule it was on, again didn’t care about the cost.

I chose the se over the r-design because the suspensions a little softer, the alloys a slightly smaller and tyres bigger, other than that the specs much of a muchness as they’re very well equipped. I have the reversing camera thing under the wing mirrors too and would say if that’s an option I’d get it if you need to park near large kerbs or small spaces.

I have a roof rack/bike rake on too and it’s made no difference to mpg. One thing, it’s a bit of a struggle getting the bike on the roof and normally I just drop the rear seats, but I’ve perfected a technique for loading it on the roof, rear door open, pick bike up by rear chainstay and fork, as you lift the bike up lean forward and step into the rear footwell then lean on the roof line with your chest and load the bike and fit.

HTH.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

XC60 D5 Auto R Design owner here on a 60 plate. Fixed priced servicing for us this year was £250 including car updates and a years breakdown and recovery. Tyres are Pirelli Scorpions at 18 inch and £114 fitted each, which are reasonable. Sourced some rear Brembo discs and pads for it recently for under £100 . Some bits follow on from Fords involvement so are cheap. Our Selekt Volvo warranty has run out now and I took out a rolling policy with Warranty Direct , their premium car cover is £37 a month for me , which is nowt if it ever did go wrong and that covers repairs at Volvo , no back st garage. MPG is 32mpg daily and 36 mpg on a ‘brisk’ motorway run, so pretty poor but its a big heavy car. Nothing to say that’s bad about it at the moment and have owned for 16 months. Dealerships are a bit hit and miss to be honest, so find a good one and try and stick with them. Boss has a D4 manual 2wd and goes pretty well although eats front tyres with traction issues from junctions. He is smitten by his, although he rags his company cars into the ground, this has been faultless so far for him in 18 months.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks. I first saw an XC60 at a Volvo Ocean race stopover and really liked it was just a bit gob smacked at price so bought the A6

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jam, yup they’ve been supporting the RYA and Volvo Ocean Races for some time now eh.. I’ve a few mates with the XC70 and whilst a nice place to be, no where near the xc60 or even 90 IMO but they do have a big bootspace so thats the deal breaker I reckon if you need it.

😀

db

New D4 XC60 (2wd) is a brand new 4 cylinder engine. My v60 has the same engine and I get 40-50 mpg. The book says it should get 70mpg!
    Love the car but don’t think you will hit the mpg they quote

db

andrewreay

MPG wise, current average is 48, that’s after about 15k miles. Current commute is helping drive this up, and some days can hit 60mpg if I stick to 60 round the M25.

I’ve got a 2015 D4 2WD. It is an excellent car and, touch wood, not a snag yet. Service will be due in the next month or so and I’m expecting a bill of about £300.

Overall, very, very satisfied and will be looking at another Volvo when it’s time to change.

iainc

for those with newish ones – any advice of finance deals ? I’ll be coming off a company car scheme onto a decent monthly car allowance, so thinking of pcp/lease, with low deposit but needing 17-20k miles pa.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I used Volvo for their PCP, didn’t need a deposit as used the xc90, but the deal was good enough since the xc90 was on the same terms.

Loads of deals around though, bit of a minefield and TBH, I couldn’t be bothered seeking any others out.

Hazard a guess you could get one with 20% deposit.. ask Volvo??

andrewreay

Iainc, Volvo leasing for a pure personal lease. They did me a 3 + 36 on 18k p.a. I went through a dealer in Sunderland (Mill Garages) who were advertising some fantastic deals on the web.

The monthly cost jumps exponentially as you start increasing the miles though. I think it was an extra £80 per month to jump from the 10k p.a. on offer to the 18k I took.

It might be worth looking into a lower up front mileage and then paying the excess mileage at lease end, but check carefully as my excess mileage is 17ppm!

Still a great deal though.

iainc

Great info, thanks

Ifrider
    Free Member

Getting mine from Ray chapman motors up York way. Fantastic service off a lady there and sorted me a deal out better than any of the standalone lease companies on the net. First of all she found the deal elsewhere then when I added a couple of extras Volvo ended up cheapest. She even got the excess mileage charge down to 14p rather than 17 lol. Looking forward to getting it now (mid Nov delivery)… Cheers for the helpful advice folk of stw…

Ifrider
    Free Member

Fwiw, the Volvo dealer in Codsall (wolves) had a unregistered d4 r design 2wd that was fully loaded £38k worth on for £31k ish (for whatever reason, sounded like salesman waffle) that they could do on a pcp with whatever deposit you wanted to put down. Was a steal IMO but he wouldn’t lease it at that value…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Any Volvo XC60 owners on here ?’ is closed to new replies.