Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any vets in the house?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

One of my cats has an unusual lump in her belly, I’d like to ask your opinion if I may?

Cougar

Has she caught kittens?

I’d visit the vet, personally. Well, not personally, I’d take the cat, of course.

rusty90
    Free Member

I actually have a vet in the house as we speak. She says take it to a vet who can prod and poke the lump in question and give a diagnosis. (And adds “it’s probably a cyst of some sort”)

loddrik
    Free Member

loddrik
    Free Member

Bump

bruk

Nice piccie. That’s deffo a vet visit. Wouldn’t hazard a diagnosis over tinternet with that. How is the cat, is she eating and drinking normally? Is the lump hot or painful to touch, has she been neutered? When did you 1st notice it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Go to the vets (also what the in house vet says).

loddrik
    Free Member

She absolutely fine, not painful and she’s not slightly bothered by it in terms of pain, but I guess she’s been licking it a lot hence the lack of hair.

postierich
    Free Member

Aliens!!!! Dont put your face to near

bruk

Ring the vets for an appointment. May be worth starving her overnight before taking her in in case they want to sedate or anaesthetise her to take samples.

Good luck.

peaks
    Free Member

Can’t exactly make out exact location there – where exactly is it sitting? How long have you noticed it? If you haven’t noticed it until las days, when was last time you definitely noticed this area to be normal? Is she speyed? And is it a very firm lump or more squidgy? Is it painful to touch?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

looks like a prolapse !

andyl
    Free Member

yikes.

OH is currently working up in Manchester so not here to comment but I’m sure she would say get to your vets too.

peaks
    Free Member

Didn’t want to say this without you answering my questions first, but just in case your not on again this evening…..

If it’s quite firm, non-painful, it looks to me like a fibrosarcoma. It’s a benign-ish tumour of the skin but very prone to being quite aggressive in its spread in the skin.

Best thing is to have it removed. The earlier it’s done, the easier it is to remove in its entirety. If left to get bigger, because you have to take wide margins of normal skin along with the lump it gets more difficult and in bad cases impossible. Belly is a good place to get this, lots of spare skin hanging around.

As this is me just looking at one picture, obviously also get this backed up by a vet who can properly examine it as well.

If its what I think, don’t worry too much, just get it removed ASAP. Simple op when the lump is small and if wide enough margins are taken by the surgical vet, removal can be curative in most cases. Occasionally because, as I said, it can be aggressive in spread, a few cells can be left behind so it may come back at a later date. But again, early removal is essential. This type of tumour in cats in 99.9% of cases is single location only, so just this primary lump and doesn’t tend to spread internally unless left to get mahoosive and extensive.

Hope that helps some!

catvet
    Free Member

Less likely to be fibrosarc on belly as usually found on back.
    Could be a mammary tumour, or even an eosinophillic granuloma complex.
    best way to find out before surgery is fine needle aspirate (quick and easy to do no GA required) and surgical decisions made on that basis.
    Mammary tumours in cat are more unpredictable than dogs as can spread across the cat from side to side as have differing blood supply to dog (which tend to spread linearly)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any vets in the house?’ is closed to new replies.