Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • any suggestions for a good place for a family to stay for cycling in grizedale?
  • teddy
    Free Member

looking at the YHA in hawkshead..
    any other suggestions for under 100quid per night around easter time?

thanks

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Can’t help sorry but stay close enough to ride to the trails.

£6.90 now and the machine doesn’t give change, so £7 a day #ripoff

Shaun20
    Free Member

Bowkerstead Farm if you dont mind camping http://grizedale-camping.co.uk/
    Very friendly farmer owner called Arthur. Pub close by too.

iainc

we stayed in Ambleside last Easter and just drove there. lovely time was had and really enjoyed but with 2 small kids our parking charges for the week in the Lakes was not far short of the diesel to get there from Glasgow. Won’t be going back until kids are older 😥

totalshell

lakes parking charges are just becoming a ‘tourist tax’ by any other name.. still plenty of ‘cheeky’ spots though even in the honey spots.. google earth is your friend for those dead end roads and residential cul de sacs..

teddy
    Free Member

campsite looks nice, anyone stayed in those camping pods? any chance of getting 2 adult and 3 young kids in one?

satchm00
    Free Member

Recommend from me also, http://grizedale-camping.co.uk/ the pods or bivvys are fab. We fitted two double air beds in a pod, it will be cosy teddy! 🙂

Take some matches and the farm supplys firewood (for a small fee).

Arthur is a top bloke can’t believe at his age he is doing Kilimanjaro, legend.

freddyg
    Free Member

Can’t help sorry but stay close enough to ride to the trails.

£6.90 now and the machine doesn’t give change, so £7 a day #ripoff

Would you prefer £7 to park or £5 a head to ride Grizedale? Pretty good value if you ask me. Someone has to maintain/develop it.

satchm00
    Free Member

The money doesn’t go on the trails, head in to the cafe there is a collection pot to build a new black run.

The money goes on metal statues and coach spaces for the Americans…

I don’t mind paying my way, pay every time at Cannock Chase my local ride. £7 I think is just wrong, its like most places in the lakes bit of a tourist trap.

freddyg
    Free Member

Well, if that’s the case, then it’s a shame. The only chance I get to ride there is in the evening when the cafe is shut.

hofnar
    Free Member

Grizedale Lodge does a three for two deal getting family of five (kids must be under 12) for about 400 for three nights lovely place very close to the trails. Gone there with the former missus and the dog and really loved it. You get a lovely breakfast and a roof above your head. 300 if you go mid march

jota180
    Free Member

looking at the YHA in hawkshead.

It’s a damp/smelly dump – at least the buildings in the courtyard were last year
    Coniston YHA is nicer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘any suggestions for a good place for a family to stay for cycling in grizedale?’ is closed to new replies.