Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any Specialized Ebduro owners out there? Help needed!!
  • endurokid
    Free Member

Hi guys,

I have a 2010 Enduro Comp and I’m looking to upgrade the rear shock to a Fox Float CTD, however, I can’t for the life of me find my current shock length!!!

I’m led to believe the Enduro runs an odd length but I wondered if anyone’s knows what length it is!!

Cheers

Endurokid

orangeboy
    Free Member

Two things
    1st those fox shocks do seem to be a touch unreliable
    2nd best bet is it just measure the shock
    Specialized do have a download part of there site with all the manuals on but won’t
    Work with my phone

endurokid
    Free Member

Hi orangeboy,

I know I can measure the shock length but not sure what the other measurement refers to, I.e. 7.50 x 2.00.

I have referred to Speshs website and looked in the archive but couldn’t see it, I’ll check again.

Cheers

endurokid
    Free Member

Bingo!

Eye to Eye: 216mm (8.5”)
    Shock Stroke: 54mm (2.125”)

orangeboy
    Free Member

Cool glad you found it. But as you may be finding out its a bit of an odd size
    Spesh are a pain for doing odd shocks.

You may be able to get a longer stroke one modified
    Loco etc would be best to ask

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Don’t get the shock if your anything above average on downhill sections. Our get a spacer fitted.

XXX
    Free Member

you need a special shock or a dremel!
    The eye in rocker end has a key way to fit the shock.

mrplow
    Free Member

I have a pushed RP23 with the smallest air volume reducer and it is very good imo.

endurokid
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, think a call to Loco or TF Tuned is in order.

me plow, are you running this on an Enduro?

xxx, no getting the dremel out, I don’t roll like that!!

Duane…
    Free Member

“Don’t get the shock if your anything above average on downhill sections”

Is that specific to the frame, or a general comment about the shock?

mrplow
    Free Member

Yes – this is on a 2012 enduro. The std shock is supposed to be better than the 2010 but I still felt it had a bit of a trap door feel to it. A volumer reducer stopped it bottoming out at a reasonable amount of sag but I still felt there was a bit of a trap door feel in the travel. The Push tune from TF eradicated what I was feeling which works a treat for me.

Before you do anything you have to have a good think about what you want to change to have decent dialogue with the tuner. A volume reducer kit is quite good to sample a few changes to see if you like or dislike the differences with different spacers and air pressures and take it from there.

endurokid
    Free Member

Cheers mr plow, appreciate your input.

stevede
    Free Member

I had the rp23 on my 2011 enduro push tuned by tf and it was so much better once they’d sorted it out. Don’t think a new shock from fox would be any better than what you’ve got unless you get it tuned (and actually know what you want from the tune).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any Specialized Ebduro owners out there? Help needed!!’ is closed to new replies.