Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any Roofers about – dodgy flashing problem.
  • Nomad
    Free Member

Neighbour had a flue removed from his real fire. That was attached to our rear Dormer.

There was a large shroud around the old flue that seemed to butt up to the our plastic cladding.

However the pic below shows how it has been left.

We now have a damp wall in our back room under this flashing so i sssime this likely to be the cause.

Is this a properly shoddy job? I know nothing about roofing but I assume the lead should be a continuous strip, cover the length of the roof time and go up the back of the plastic cladding?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

N

makkag
    Free Member

Not a roofer but dont need to be to say that’s propper S**T and needs sorting

and yes its why you have a damp wall !

TheBrick
    Free Member

Yeehaaa!!!!

palmer77
    Free Member

Profiled tiles like those should have a cover flashing 150mm by 150mm dressed over the tiles and with the upstand either stepped into the wall with bricks, or behind the cladding in your case. This will usually be code 4 lead in 1.5m strips to prevent cracking with thermal expansion/contraction.

However, weathering details where flues/soil pipes are close to abutments are typically tricky, and it looks like ‘flashband’ bitumin with a foil surface was used previously to weather this detail.

It looks as though the repair has been made attempting to use individual soakers on each tile rather than 1.5m cover flashing, largely I assume as they did not want to/were not able to disturb the cladding.

A conversation is certainly in order…

Nomad
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ll have a chat.

Should this have been done in line with party wall act?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any Roofers about – dodgy flashing problem.’ is closed to new replies.