Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Any reason why this Canyon is bad idea?
  • justinbieber

(Apologies if this has been done, but I can’t see it)

Canyon released the rest of their 2014 range a couple of days ago, and it looks like there are some absolute bargains to be had, in particular the Spectral:

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3250
    Revelations, Monarch Plus RC3, X01, Renthal and a reverb stealth for £2699. I’m struggling to see what’s wrong with it – am I missing anything?

plus-one

Nope hit the button !!!!!!! 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks like a 2008-9ish Enduro. Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

Looks very good to me. Tyres may need a change if they’re not Black Chilli versions. Saddle and grips are, obviously, a personal choice thing. Oh, and bin the pedals for some Time or Flats. Otherwise, like that a lot!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Do it, do it now! And if it’s a 2013 bike you may even get it in 2013 🙂

Edit: you may want to shorten the chain a little 🙂

BoardinBob

Canyon owner here with zero problems.

This is the real bargain in the 2014 line-up

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3189#tab-reiter2

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

The rear derailleur needs to be in a bigger gear for that photo, otherwise it looks like its got a semi. But otherwise I’d say all is good! Jeez.. 😛

mrblobby
    Free Member

BoardinBob, with a CC DB air that does look a bloody good deal (and a lot of fun.)

matt_outandabout

That red is niiiiice, bling bling.

justinbieber

Yeah, just as I thought. Insane value for money too – I quickly totted up the price of buying all the components and even at CRC prices, you’re getting the frame for free.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sram wheels unproven.

Brakes are Avid.

Fork maybe a bit lightweight, looks like it should have a Pike.

Might not match your biking clothes.

GHill

They do look good value for money, but dispatch isn’t until the end of March.

Mackem

That’s a very nice bike. Is it 26″ wheels (or 650B) ?

justinbieber

@Mackem – 650b

Mackem

I think Canyon are going to sell a shed-load, I’ve already started working out how to raise the money.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Bit of a tarts boudoir but each to their own. Spec is great.

kimbers

that torque is a major bargain!

maico
    Free Member

robbonzo – Member

Bit of a tarts boudoir but each to their own. Spec is great.

Prefer the stealth versions or the various greys myself, probably because I’m middle aged !

Nerve 650b

justinbieber

I agree, I prefer the look of the stealthier models, but I don’t fancy having fox 32’s again – the revelations & spec on the al 9.0 ex is much more appealing.

Olly
    Free Member

stupid wheel size? im out.

sgn23
    Free Member

I’ve been dreaming about this bike since it was announced at Eurobike. I think the 8.0 is the one for me as I don’t think I’ll get the ratios I need out of a 1×11. For £400 less the spec and value is still great and you can get that bling chrome-red.
    What do poeple think of the 650B version over the 29er?

bungalistic
    Free Member

It’s just that top tube that puts me off but you know that already, I prefer the yeti you have now

seavers
    Free Member

rigid DT Swiss M 1900 Spine 27.5″ wheels make sure you stay on the right track

Oh, thank god or that. Any less and I might have freaked out.

benpinnick

Th

benpinnick

The red one looks awful in real life. Stick to the black I reckon.

justinbieber

Yeah yeah, I know you prefer the Yeti, and likened the Canyon to a shitting dog 🙂

justinbieber

But I do like the look of the Canyon

coolhandluke
    Free Member

The top tube makes it look like it’s been in a ” just riding along” type accident.

sputniksthlm
    Free Member

Anyone know how Canyon bikes are size wise? I’m really finding the Nerve Al interesting, but am not sure about the sizes. I’ve ben on medium Giants for ages (26″ NRS, 26″ Anthems and most fecently a 29″ trance). I’m leaning towards the new silly wheel size by the way.

Cheers!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Have you not brought it yet? Get on with it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Handsome machine that 😀

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I was super excited for this at £2,399 but no XL frames this year.

justinbieber

@mrblobby – there’s no point buying it yet – delivery isn’t until March next year 🙁

bungalistic
    Free Member

hexhamstu the strive is a nicer looking bike too

justinbieber

@bungalistic – it is, but we agreed on Thursday that 160mm travel is probably overkill unless I only ride Ullock pike and Dollywagon 🙂

bungalistic
    Free Member

Just claim a mid-life crisis and buy some expensive boutique carbon 650b bike, no one will comment or say anything rude about you honest 😉

justinbieber

Ha! I take it he’s not on stw?

ajerthebadger
    Free Member

Canyon owner here. Looking at the Spectral AL 9.0 EX myself for next year. I’m 5ft10 ish, 75kg and I’ve been recommended a Large Spectral after doing their sizing system. I currently ride a 2011 Medium Nerve XC 7.0 (120mm full sus, 26″ wheel) and it’s spot on for me, shortened the stem, widened the bars and it feels great. No issues either in the 2 years I’ve had it, fork and shock still feel good too. Will probably sell out but I’m going to wait for their ‘Sparbuch’ sale in September, should be a couple of hundred quid off which will make it a proper steal. They may even do some different (insert: nicer) colours in 2015…

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Any reason why this Canyon is bad idea?’ is closed to new replies.