Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any oven hob experts in? Electrolux induction hob not working after powercut
  • Albanach
    Free Member

We had a power cut today when we were both out at work and when I tried to turn on our Electrolux EHI8742FOK induction hob it beeps very briefly, the heat setting displays flash, then the the heat setting displays light up one at a time from left to right showing the number 18, then the clock display shows 18 then 14 then it shuts down. All of that happens in about 5 seconds. There are no error codes shown and I have tried to power it off for 5 mins but it still won’t work. Anyone got any ideas please? I’ve got a video of this which I can post if anyone is able to help…

mtbfix
    Albanach
    Free Member

I’ve checked the manual and there is no error code shown on the display that matches those listed. Cheers though

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just a hunch, but were you touching something when you powered it up? That sounds to me like it could be a test mode of some sort, to make sure the displays on the unit are functioning. These modes are often initiated by a power cycle whilst holding a control on, as this tells the software to shift into a special mode. If you can call tech support, they would be able to tell you how to cancel it. I could guess at power cycle whilst touching the on sensor, as that’s a fairly standard reset, but it would ONLY be a guess!

alanl
    Free Member

First thing, turn it off at the isolator, leave it a few minutes, then try again.
    Is there anything else not working?
    If it doesnt work, then it may be worth a call to the Network Distributor(not who you pay the bill to), as there may well have been a mains spike, or a neutral fault, that put an excess voltage to your property, and damaged some of your goods.
    They have Insurance for this, so if that is the case, they’ll replace it, eventually.

Albanach
    Free Member

There’s only the power “button” that can be touched upon startup – possibly I had a pan on the hob when I powered it up but this was never an issue before. It was isolated overnight and tried again this morning but no luck. All other appliances are working (oven, grill, kettle etc). The fuse was tripped when I came yesterday evening. I’ll call the network distributor…thanks for the help.

awh
    Free Member

My oven doesn’t work unless the clock is set. Could be worth a try.

Albanach
    Free Member

Oven is working it’s the hob that’s not…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any oven hob experts in? Electrolux induction hob not working after powercut’ is closed to new replies.