Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any online retailed still building wheels
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’ve tended to spec. my own wheels and have them built by CRC and I’ve never had any issues.

CRC have recently ceased wheel builds (with an unspecified restart date) and I can’t seem to find anyone else doing this (Google leads me to a wheel build page for Merlin but I don’t think that they offer this service anymore either).

I’m not sure what the going rate is for a wheelset build at my LBS but from a value point of view it might be better buying a factory wheelset.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m not sure what the going rate is for a wheelset build at my LBS but from a value point of view it might be better buying a factory wheelset.

For me a good wheel builder is worth the difference – my brain ain’t wired to build them
    How many wheels do you buy a year?

nickfrog
    Free Member

Don’t Merlin do it ?

sockpuppet

Just riding along still do AFAIK

CraigW
    Free Member

Rose, just email them with what you want.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Apparently CRC are starting again in October. Apparently they stopped for a while due to moving premises.

Pridds

Moonglu do wheelbuilds

PJay
    Free Member

Apparently CRC are starting again in October. Apparently they stopped for a while due to moving premises.

That’s good to know, thanks.

metalheart
    Free Member

Eighteen Bikes, I bought a pair of boost Hope/DT 29ers from them just recently.

I emailed Si directly, he gave me a quote. We had a discussion (which actually brought the price down) and I ordered. They delivered FOC to the frozen North.

I’d happily use them again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any online retailed still building wheels’ is closed to new replies.